Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginabina1014 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Why is my mom ignoring me?
    Well I didn't do like one chore and now she's not talking to me. Like when this happens it hurts a lot inside and I hate it. She starts yelling at about really dumb stuff. For example, I've just been keeping my mouth shut just so I don't get into anymore trouble and she got really mad and told me to keep it up? So I'm basically confused and pretty much broken down. What do I do?
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 21, 2010, 02:46 PM
    I know you are young but the only problems get resolved is to talk about. What you are trying to do is guess at how she feels or why. Talk to your mom as a person and you might be surprised. Either that or you have to contingue to guess. Keep in mind adults get stressed for all kinds of reasons so allow for this too.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 05:07 PM

It could be any number of things including fear. She may be afraid to express herself if she's worried about something and trying to figure out how to make things right. Many companies have rumors running in them and some are true about impending closings. In this economy she may be one of them and she's worried but afraid to say. And the fall out is she may be taking it out on you. Just be aware of things going on and show her lots of love and support. Try not to ask for extra or expensive things at this time.
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Nov 5, 2010, 05:57 PM
    Is it really one chore you skipped or "like" a chore, meaning more than one but in rounding you would round down?
    Sounds like your mother has you where she wants you.
    Needing her approval. Which is natural. You are her daughter.
    Just do what you're suppose to then ask why she is isn't talking to you.
    Let her know it hurts your feelings when she does not speak to you but will only speak to you, rather sarcastically and angrily at you (from the way I read your info)
    Be honest but polite and respectful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is he ignoring me? [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone please help me. My boyfriend of 4 years has started to ignore me over the last few weeks. He doesn't ring me or see me, ignores my calls and I honestly have no idea what I have done for his to act like this. Is he not interested anymore? I know he is not cheating I don't think he...

Why is he ignoring me? [ 49 Answers ]

3 posts merged, I have been going out with this guy now for over 2 years and we have been engaged now for just over a year, but over the last year I have felt so clingy to him as if I'm almost obsessed with him and it really is doing my head in! And its just getting worse and still is at the...

I want to know what should I do?is he ignoring me? [ 8 Answers ]

I went to date with a guy, every thige was perfect after dinner he said time goes fast and the time was short! Then when he was dropping me off he said keep in touch okay? Then I text him it was a lovelly night thanks. Then he respond any time. But after 2 days I text him, he hasn't respond after...

Ignoring me. [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 4 years now and they have been great. We makeout.. Hold hands Kiss talk on the phone. "Normal stuff" I've been recently injured greatly on my head. I was out of school for a month and when I came back he barely talks to me. When I say hi he wont talk to...

Is he ignoring me? [ 15 Answers ]

A few months back I started seeing someone occasionally. This person sent me many emails suggesting to have a "fling". But the condition was that this person not "hate" me once we were done and that we remain the friends we were. The person agreed. Now that it's over, this person seems to be...

View more questions Search