Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starrystarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Is it legal to put husband's name in BC if he's not biological father?
    I have a 3 year old. Biological dad is in another country. He hasn't seen the child since birth though he knew about the child. He does not give any financial support nor contact us. I am now married for almost 2 years. My husband treats my child as his own. Since there is no father listed in my child's BC, can I add my husband's name as the father? My child was born in California.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 01:55 PM

Yes it would be illegal to do that.
    Its also imoral too.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Oct 22, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starrystarry View Post
    I have a 3 year old. Biological dad is in another country. He hasnt seen the child since birth though he knew about the child. He does not give any financial support nor contact us. I am now married for almost 2 years. My husband treats my child as his own. Since there is no father listed in my child's BC, can i add my husband's name as the father? My child was born in California.
    No!
    If the child was born before your marriage you have no legal resources to claim the child was born in marriage.
    looking4others Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2010, 05:07 PM
    I'm not here to judge whether it's moral either; however, as someone who had this happen to her I'd love to know whether you plan to tell the child at some point? I found out when I was 26 that my dad (who is on my BC) is not my biological father. I wish I'd known early on, but I understand how hard it must have been for the parents to find "the right time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What rights does the biological father have over the legal father? [ 1 Answers ]

My baby is 1 year old now. My husband has taken my son on as his own. He has been on his birth certificate since he was about 2 weeks. The biological pretty much kicked me to the curb when I was 2 months pregnant and now he thinks after doing this that he can come and be a part of my sons life...

I'm the biological father and want to be the legal father of my son [ 24 Answers ]

Hi,I just found out that I am the biological father of my 2 yr. old son through DNA testing.my son's legal father right now is his mother's ex live in partner.he just found out too that he's not the real father of my son.my son and the mom and the legal father is in New Jersey right now and I just...

View more questions Search