Ask
    k______________ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 10:36 AM
    ?What is the relationship between mass and weight
    Weight is indeed mass
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2010, 10:45 AM

Well, the weight of an object is given by the product of its mass and the acceleration due to gravity.
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Oct 21, 2010, 10:53 PM

You should have looked that up in the textbook. In supermarkets weight and mass are indeed the same, i.e. measured in ounces, grams, pounds, kilograms, etc. Not in physics. In physics, weight is a force and is measured in Newtons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship between Mass and Speed. [ 8 Answers ]

What is the formula for how much mass increase there is based on how fast an item is moving? Example: If an object of "X"lbs mass at rest is moving at "Y"mph, what is it's mass at that speed? Thanks! Edit 10/10/05: See http://www.jackson8.com/science/relativisticmass.html

I work in MASS but live in NYC - do I have to pay MASS tax? [ 1 Answers ]

I live NYC but work in MASS most of the time. Do I have to have Mass taxes withheld?

Gaining weight & muscle mass [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26 years old male. 6'2" and only 130 lbs. I work out 6 days a week for 2 hrs a day, all weight training and zero cardio. In addition, I drink protein shakes every day after working out. For the life of me, I cannot gain muscle mass no matter what I do. It seems I've tried everything, but...

Relationship of mass and distance [ 1 Answers ]

Does the mass of a ball determine how far it will travel when thrown?

Relationship between Mass and Speed [ 5 Answers ]

What is the connection or relationship between mass of a ball and the speed it travels down a ramp?

View more questions Search