Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quenta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 05:35 PM
    slope and intercept this is it for now .
    1. Which line is the flattest (or is less steep)? Why?

y = 5x -6
    y = 5x + 6
    y = x - 3
    y = x + 3
    2. The line y = 4x - 7 crosses the y axis at:

(4, 0)
    (0, 4)
    (-7, 0)
    (0, -7)
    3. You are sliding a big cabinet down a truck ramp for a customer. You must maintain control of the cabinet because it is very heavy. There are 2 ramps in the building.

The equation of ramp 1 is y = 2x + 7 and the equation of ramp 2 is y = 3 x + 7. Which is the safest ramp to slide the cabinet down without losing control and why?

4. Write the equation of a line whose slope is 6 and whose y intercept is -3.

5. Find the x and y intercepts of each linear equation. Be sure to write your answers as ordered pairs.

y = 3x - 6
    6y = -x + 2
    6. What happens to the graph of the line y = 3x -2 when the equation is changed to y = 3x +6?

7. What happens to the graph of the line y = 2x - 5 when the equation is changed to y = 5x + 6?
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Jan 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
    You need a ti-83 to do this

And is this your hw?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jahnplay
    you need a ti-83 to do this

and is this your hw?

It sure looks like homework!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Slope [ 18 Answers ]

I've heard 1/4" per foot and I've also heard 1/8" per foot is acceptable for waste lines. What is the ideal slope? Does it depend on pipe size or fixture type? (i.e. toilet vs sink) Thanks!

No slope toward floor drain. [ 3 Answers ]

The crew that did my concrete also forgot to slope the floor toward the drain, then they cut lines in the floor and sawed right through the drain opening. Any suggestions.

I need to slope a floor toward the drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been asked to do a tiel job. The problem is that there is a floor drain that doesn't slope properly. I need to put a small slope on the floor but not too much. The existing floor is concrete. Do I use a Mud bed? How do I get a gradual slope over a large area? Please help.

The slope [ 2 Answers ]

What is the slope of the line parallel to -2x-y=6?

Undefined slope [ 2 Answers ]

If a line has an undefined slope, what can you say about the horizontal coordinates of each of the points on the line?

View more questions Search