Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauraluxx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2010, 01:33 AM
    Can I get something done so my boyfriends mum only can see my four month baby with me

Oct 21, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Can I get the father of my baby to not have him nights and weekends in writing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 21, 2010, 03:57 AM

You need to go to court to establish custody and visitation. Whether you will be able to restrict his visitation depends on the circumstances, you haven't provided enough info for us to make a judgement.

As far as the child's grandmother, unless you can prove she is danger to the child you probably can't keep her away. If the father gets visitation rights (as would be likely unless you can prove he's also a danger), then he would control who has access to the child during his visits.

What is the problem? Why don't you want the father and his mother in the child's life?

Oct 21, 2010, 04:20 AM
    When I was pregnant his family was saying get rid of him try don't want nothing to do with him, then when I had him I was Ill and they all gave me abuse the next day telling my boyfriend to bring my son round to his mums and that I'm not welcome and since it's been my sons welcome and I'm not then the other week I went round and she's taken all if the birth pictures and calls my baby hers. I also want to deed poll his last name to mine but I heard you have to have my boyfriends permission as well?
    I don't mind her being in his life I just want to be there when she sees him and when I leave my boyfriend with my son he sees his mum
    And it really upsets me, that's why I wondered if She can have access but has to be with me there.

Oct 21, 2010, 04:21 PM

I don't see anything here that would prompt a court to limit visitation. I can understand how you feel, but we are dealing with the law here. The law is not going to care that you are upset at the way you were treated. They will be concerned only for the best interests of your child.

Nov 25, 2010, 12:15 AM
    Baby's dad wants access without me around?
    I've recently have separated with my baby's father, he now has threatened to take me to court, he works full time, he doesn't pay for his baby, he also has a record of being suicidle, he's raped me and hit me a few times soI have bruises. His mum is on depressant tablets and I've had a load of abuse on the phone from the rest of his family. My baby is 6months now, and he is on the birth certificate, will he still get access to seeing baby without me being around as I would like myself to b there too as I don't feel that he will be safe. What will court say? What should I do?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 12:58 AM

What does his mother being on antidepressants have to do with your child's father?

Do you have proof that he's attempted suicide and that he's raped you? I don't mean to make light of this, but without proof it's just your word against his. Did you charge him with rape? If not, why not? The courts won't take your word for it.

I'm not a legal expert, but I've read enough posts similar to this to say that unless you have proof that he's an unfit parent, there's really no reason that the courts would deny him access. He should however be paying child support. Have you gone to court for that?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 25, 2010, 01:01 AM

I looked at your other posts. Seems that you've asked this question before and you've gotten pretty much the same answer I just gave you.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...me-518746.html

Nov 25, 2010, 06:34 AM

I've merged your two threads. Please don't start a new thread for the same question. You are now adding things (alleged rape and domestic violence) that you did not mention previously. If these things are true and can be proven, then you certainly can limit visitation. But I have to wonder whether these things were ever reported to the police. Without such reports or, at least, hospital records, it is unlikely you will be believed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I never been to my boyfriends house because he lives with his baby Mama [ 13 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, but he has never invited me to his house because he lives with his baby mama. I now I have dealt with this situation this long but what should I do?

I've got a 9 month old baby girl her mum has breached the contact order, [ 12 Answers ]

My ex partner has refused me access to see my 9 month old daughter, she is in breach of a contact order, she wants me to go to a contact centre. I want to have access at my home is that possible as I don't want to see my baby at a contact centre at all, not rite. She is not thinkiking about her...

How do I deal with my boyfriends baby momma drama? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm dating a guy with a 2year old daughter that he hasn't seen in almost a year. He's paying child support and has tried many times to set up a plan so that he's able to see he's daughter. She's never gone through with the plan so he's stopped trying. We've been together for 9 months and the baby...

Is this baby my boyfriends? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so on sep.15.2009 I found out I was 2 days pregnant. I had my last period on the 26 or 27. I had sex with my ex. Two times on like the 30 and the 1. but then the rest of the time I had sex with my boyfriend. Does it really take a week for the baby to develop? And is this baby my boyfriends?

View more questions Search