Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zobel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Phonecard
    I would like to ask how could I start phone card business which is print on my logo
    arya6000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zobel
    i would like to ask how could i start phone card bussiness which is print on my logo

I wouldn't bother, I just started one, here are the reasons you should not start it,

1. Wayy too competitive
    2.Extremely low profits
    3. too much time to set it up

If you still want to go ahead with it, you will need good computer skills, especially Linux
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I'm curious as to why someone would need to use linux for this, or to have good computer skills at all?

I would assume all this involves is reselling airtime for carriers. So all that would be necessary is getting a contract with a carrier and printing the cards.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 05:43 PM
    I read about this once, you would call a major phone carrier and buy a huge chunk of airtime at a severely reduced cost and set up an 800 number for people to call in and put in a code that you set up.

You probably need programming skills to set up a program to print the codes, that might be the only thing I see as more "advanced"

Also I heard the airtime you buy eventually expires, like has to be used that year, so yes, profits can be quite low if the cards don't sell fast, it would be a hard business to make serious money with.

If you really want to, call the major phone provider in your area, they should offer a price for the airtime, then just look into printing costs for the cards

Mar 2, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I'm curious as to why someone would need to use linux for this, or to have good computer skills at all?

I would assume all this involves is reselling airtime for carriers. So all that would be necessary is getting a contract with a carrier and printing the cards.
    I run my calling card business on Linux for the following reasons, First you need a Database, so all the cards you create are saved somewhere and can be accessed properly by the PBX, so the computer/PBX can check if it's a valid PIN and how many minutes are left, you would also use Linux cause its better at CPU and memory management.

Mar 2, 2007, 07:34 PM
    There are plenty of PC based databases. There are Windows based PBX mgmt programs. And, while you may be correct about Linux's better CPU and memory mgmt, I'm not sure that is enough of a reason to say you need the skills you referred to.

Mar 2, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    There are plenty of PC based databases. There are Windows based PBX mgmt programs. And, while you may be correct about Linux's better CPU and memory mgmt, I'm not sure that is enough of a reason to say you need the skills you referred to.
    You are right, but honestly the correct way of doing this is using Linux IMO, but it would also work on Windows and it would be much much more easy on Windows, but it will be a plus if you know about PHP, CGI and MySQL I'm not sure about Windows, but I had to use those to set up my service, you would also need to have a understanding of VoIP protocols and if you ever do grow, there is a need for Load Balancing.

Mar 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Just for selling phone cards? I don't think so.
    soewin Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zobel
    i would like to ask how could i start phone card bussiness which is print on my logo
    I am also interested in this phonecard business too. I found some affiliate programs and wholesale dealers. Isn't it more easier to do business with them though profit margin is thinner.
    styilmaz1982 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:48 PM
    You can try the phone card business. Before you do anything you should choose what type of business you want to start. I like the international phone card business myself as there are millions of immigrants in this country. So if you don't have a lot of money and would like to start a risk free business at no cost to you then read my article on this subject:

Opening an independent phone card business from scratch can be real costly. You need to buy the actual air time minutes or wholesale cards to sell. The more you buy, the more discount you get and that means bigger profits for you. But you have to be able to sell these cards to make profit. This means you will need to spend extra money to market your product and so forth.

If you want to open an online phone card business for FREE, then go to: Calling Cards & Phone Cards. Prepaid Long-Distance & International Calls, VoIP, Telecommunication Services.

Click on Affiliate Program Link on The Top Right Side of the Page and Choose The Open an Online Shop Option. It's simple and best of all it's free. No start up cost and nothing to buy. You will make 10-13% commission from all the sales you make from your site. You can have many different stores with your own domain name. They have ready made templates and all the web technology to get your store up and running in 30 minutes. I have 2 stores with them... one is a turkish site so I will not post the link here but check out my other site at RealCheapTalk.Com: Phone Cards | Prepaid Cellphone Refills | Cheap International Phone Card you can also click on the affiliate link from my shop at the bottom of the page. Thanks.
    Yaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 11:51 PM
    I interested the international phone card business. How can I find and contact air time carier in LA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search