Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugmelater Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 08:04 PM
    Rate of discount lottery winnings
    You have just won a $25 million lottery prize, which pays you $1 million (tax free) every year for the next 25 years. Have you really won $25 million? What have you won if the rate of discount is 5 percent? (note: you will get your first $1 million payment today and your last $1 million payment 24 years from now).

Check out some similar questions!

Florida lottery winnings [ 2 Answers ]

I know if you winIRS they take takes some money out like Withholding. But how is it taxed. Is there a special tax for gambling winnings. Or can the winnings be incorporated with other income earned At the end of the year.

Can I use scratch off lottery tickets I buy in 2010 to offset winnings in 2009 [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use scratch off lottery tickets I buy in 2010 to offset winnings in 2009?

Discount Rate [ 1 Answers ]

You are thinking of buying a craft emporium. It is expected to generate cash flows of $30,000 per year in years 1 through 5, and $40,000 per year in years 6 through 10. If the appropriate discount rate is 8%, what amount are you willing to pay for the emporium?

Lottery winnings [ 2 Answers ]

If I win the lottery in pa. but live in md. Who state taxes do I have to pay? Or do I have to pay both states

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.