Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockstar714 Posts: 441, Reputation: 44

Oct 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
    What to do about my boyfriend...
    Back in June I got back together with my first boyfriend. We broke up the first time because a) I refused to pay for anything for him anymore and b) he cheated. Long story short.

So we get back together, everything is pretty OK for the first couple months. He had a job, I barely saw him, no big deal. Now he has no job, his truck is broke, he wants me to pay for his 50" tv and when I do see him I a) have to pick him up b) he's buried in his phone constantly texting (other girls I'm thinking?) c) doesn't seem to appreciate anything I do for him.

He gets upset when I ask who he's texting. He always changes his story around. For example he got a new phone, said he got it off ebay, it had some pic of a half dressed girl and he claimed he had no idea who she was and said that when he plugs his phone in the charger, that picture magically pops up. Last night when I said something about it he goes "Yeah, that was my ex girlfriend, the one that was just texting me." and when I called him out on it he said "no, I never said that" like I'm stupid.

I'm not happy, we fight all the time over stupid things. He expects me to ask him to kiss me or hug me. He won't do it otherwise. I even have to ask him to help me carry something heavy.

Everyone tells me I should break up with him. And I agree because I'm not happy and I'm not being treated like I should. He's incredibly selfish. If something doesn't benefit him, he wants nothing to do with it.

I'm just needing advice on what to do, how to end it, or even a suggestion on how to fix it. He gets so upset when I say something he doesn't want to hear, then he says he's going to go kill himself and says REALLY hurtful things to me...
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Oct 20, 2010, 07:13 PM

"Everyone tells me I should break up with him. And I agree because I'm not happy and I'm not being treated like I should. He's incredibly selfish. If something doesn't benefit him, he wants nothing to do with it."

I think you already are spot on with what you need to do.

He sounds like a selfish immature loser, just dump him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 06:58 PM

Sounds like the second time around should end like the first time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 23, 2010, 07:12 PM

Sounds like you know why you dumped him the first time and need to again.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2010, 04:13 PM
    1. If you are feeling unhappy there is a problem. 2. By even considering staying with this person you are saying that you do not feel that you can do better than this and are allowing yourself to settle. 3. You cannot expect him to change and if you feel like you can change him you will continue to be unhappy and will not benefit from this relationship in any way.

Raise your self-esteem and get the hell out of this relationship now, because it is hopeless, and you are only bringing yourself down. You and everybody around you know that you can do better than this, so just DO IT! You also cannot be responsible for how he decides to handle the break up. You have to think of yourself in this situation.

Good Luck,

Javi
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 04:18 PM

You answered your own question --

"Everyone tells me I should break up with him. And I agree because I'm not happy and I'm not being treated like I should."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search