Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bez79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 04:36 PM
    Have I lost her for good?
    I started seeing this girl around 2 yrs ago, we had a great relationship, she would come over most nights & stay over except the times I had my 2 kids stay over. First of all I'll let you know I'm now 31 & she is now 25! I met her after my wife left me, when my life left I was on rock bottom, drinking every night & getting so depressed my parents dragged me to the doctors for help! I was prescribed anti depressants and took 4 months off work!

I then met Sarah who showed an interest in me which I couldn't understand as she was a lot younger and to be ho set the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen, she looked like shed walked straight off the cat walk! I went on a few dates with Sarah and we slowly became a couple although she was hesitant at first but finally we became a proper couple!

Everything was great in the beginning, we would have the most amazing mind blowing sex and we'd often just sit up cuddling and talking until 3/4 in the morning! Things were going great until I received a rude text from an old lady friend, and I had a bit of sex text banter with het which as she lived 400 miles away I thought it was fine & I was doing nothing wrong! I now know how wrong I was, Sarah found one of the texts and understandably went crazy!

We split up for a few weeks but then after I more or less stalked her we got back together again. The next year and a bit was amazing but towards the end I noticed she started going out with her friends a lot more and started spending less and less time with me! I confronted her and she said she was bored and needed space!

I gave her some space & I went a week without contacting her, to be honest it drove me crazy but I knew she wanted space! Then she text me and said she doesn't feel the same anymore and doesn't see a future for us! I reluctantly accepted what she told me although it broke my heart, but at the end of the day when someone tells you they don't feel the same anymore, you can't do anything about it!

I asked her to stay in touch as I may have lost her as a girlfriend I didn't want to lose her as a friend! She said she would stay in touch so a few days later I text her to see how she was doing, she repliedwith a 1 sentence reply so I left it and then text her a few days later and again got a few word reply! It was my birthday a few weeks after that and I didn't even get a text or a card so I deleted her number out my phone!

I hadn't seen e of her for 2 months until Saturday night, when I saw her my heart sank, I didn't know what to do, in the end I decided to be the bigger person & say hello, at first she was a bit off with me, she asked me why I blocked her off wattsapp messenger, I told her I hadn't blocked her I'd just deleted her contact details because unlike she'd agreed she hadn't kept in touch and ignored my birthday! I then said goodbye as she was standing talking to a guy at the time.

I saw her later on in a different bar talking to the same guy! I saw her friend at the bar and asked how she's doing and did I have a chance of getting back with her, she told me no as she doesn't feel like that about me! I text her the next day as although I'd deleted her number I still bloody knew it in my head! She replied straight away and we chatted for around an hour but I resisted temptation to ask if she's been with or is with anyone or if we had a chance! I just told her it was nice catching up and is she going to try stay in touch this time, she laughed and said yeah! Now I'm back to square one, just as I was getting over her I'm wondering if I should try sending her flowers or fight for her to show her how much I love her! Please advise as my head is in buts! Thanks in advance!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 04:42 PM

It seems clear to me: "I saw her friend at the bar and asked how she's doing and did I have a chance of getting back with her, she told me no as she doesn't feel like that about me!"

I suggest you move on and stop spinning your wheels.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 05:11 AM

She broke up with you, so you need to let her go. She's told you it's over, her friend told you it was over, so quit pushing... all you're doing is making yourself miserable.

Stop contacting her completely to give yourself time to heal, then you'll be ready to find someone who really wants to be with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 11:53 AM

Sorry my friend, but you have made some pretty bad mistakes to get where you are now, but the biggest one was trying to be friends after you got dumped and not leaving her alone, and build a life that you enjoy without her, with friends and activities that make you happy.

Do so now, leave her alone, and maybe, just maybe you will be happy whether she ever contacts you, OR NOT!

You can't force friendship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost a good relationship overnight, it was short but sweet and I want it back! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok peoples, this is J Aguila, and this is my first post on here so bear with me. I'm usually good with relationships but I'm at a loss on this one and I really feel something for the girl so I want your help and opinions out there. Here's the story; I met this girl about 2 years ago in the mall I...

Lost a very good friend and co-worker [ 4 Answers ]

I very good friend of mind pass away last night of a heart attack, worked together over 5 years. He was very likeable guy, funny and always had good things to say, also had serious side, but over all a great guy and friend. Will be greatly missed.

I feel like I have lost her for good, I don't know what to do [ 6 Answers ]

Sorry about the length, a lot has happened, thank you so much, this is really driving me crazy. I'm a bad speller and appoligise for that I am in my freshman year of college, and went into this year with a girlfriend who I had been with for over 2 and a half years. We had a great time in...

View more questions Search