Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sakpasey Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 03:09 PM
    Fraud under 5000
    I referred a friend to some people who had a quick money scheme I declined them at first but when I mentioned it to my friend he wanted to do it on his own will knowing the consequences anyhow I got the guys to do what he wanted(cashing fraudalent cheques). He did now it came back as fraudalent(he used his name and info to cash it) he needs to pay and none of us can't get hold of those guys. He is going to tell them what happened and mention my name possibly bringing me down too. This would be first offence 23 years old what would I be looking at even thought I wasn't the person that cashed it I'm more of an accessory to it. The total money is about 1700
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 03:55 PM

Fraudulent activity involving cheques is a federal offence, putting it out of the realm of the police. I suggest you get a lawyer immediately.

Tick

Oct 20, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Even though I was not the one who actually committed the crime?
    Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sakpasey View Post
    Even though i was not the one who actually committed the crime?
    You said he is going to implicate you, so doesn't matter in which capacity you were involved, you will still need a lawyer, unless you want to wait and see how it all plays out.

Oct 20, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I don't necessarily want to wait I emailed a paralegal I know and told her the story maybe she can offer some advice or transfer me to someone. I haven't gotten a call from the police but I know it will come in anytime soon

Oct 20, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I also don't know to what extent the type of information he is going to give regarding it
    Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 06:55 PM

I think you just made an excellent decision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 06:58 PM

1. paralegal can not give legal advice, merely fill out legal forms, If they give advice, they are breaking the law.

2. I will assume he deposited the checks, and then gave or sent Western union money to someone ?

So now your friend owes the bank all the money back.

To make it worst, the bank can even press charges against your friend, who merely cashed the checks if he does not pay the bank back. ( happens reguarlly)
    So if you had something to do with getting him to do this, then yes the police can change you also.

I would work hard at helping your friend pay the bank back ASAP.

And it can be tried in State court for fraud also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraud under $5000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have been frauded for fraud under $5000, and theft of credit card, what is the worst that will happen?

Fraud under $5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just recently got charged of fraud under $5000. I worked in a retail store and did returns on my Visa Card as an employee on my own. Now it's against company policy to do so on your own (doing return/purchase transactions on your own) but I did anyway to save time from having to...

Fraud under $5000. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the usual sentence in ontario canada for 8 counts of fraud totaling less than $5000

Fraud over 5000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been charged yet, but I need to know what to expect. I applied for a bank loan and changed my income status on my tax return. I did not get any money but there is an investigation in progress. The bank gave the police my tax forms which are photo copies and not the real ones. This is...

View more questions Search