Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shyanne2187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
    Front teeth
    My sons 4 front teeth were pulled out when he was 18months old. He is now 7. His adult front teeth have not grown in yet. Is there a problem with that or is it normal?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 20, 2010, 02:06 PM

This could be normal but adult teeth usually come in between ages 6-8. Read this for more info How Long Does It Take for Adult Teeth to Grow In? - Dental Health - Everyday Health
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2010, 02:43 PM
    Since the teeth were removed at such a young age there is a chance that they have drifted. You may want to have your dentist take an x-ray of this area. Pull your sons upper lip up and take a close look at the gums, you may see that they are slightly blanched (white) or if you run your finger over the gums behind his lip you may feel a couple of bumps, if you see or feel this you are probably feeling the teeth and it's just taking a little longer for the adult teeth to erupt since they didn't have the baby teeth to guide them into position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Front bottom teeth wearing down [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've noticed lately that my 2 front bottom teeth are sensitive and wearing down. My teeth have been damaged from grinding however I have a splint that seems to help but I am concerned about these teeth wearing down and sore. What can be done to stop them deteriorating?

My front teeth moved forward [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I took of my braces about year and a half ago. I am still wearing my retainers. At first I would wear them everyday, but I would tend to forget putting them on after lunch at school. Right now, one of my front tooth is a bit "wonky". The tooth is more forward than the rest and slighty...

Dark coloring on front teeth [ 1 Answers ]

I've smoked for years... since I was 11 to be exact and I am now 22.. Been trying to quit and have been cutting down.. going to try to have completely quit by September for college... One thing that bothers me immensely and even prevents me from smiling often is the fact that my front two upper...

Phlegmon under front teeth? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear forum, My doctor/dentist tentatively diagnosed me with phlegmon, after I went into the hospital with a fever of 105. My tongue and gums were swelling and there were two huge skin flaps that'd formed under my tongue. After ex-raying and CT scanning my head, they found a big shadow under...

Missing my two front teeth [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am 21 years old, in December of 2005 I had surgery on my mouth, I had six teeth removed, I was told I had to wait until it healed to get partials, well while waiting for it to heal they cancelled my insurance(medicaid) so I went 10 months without my two front teeth. I finally got my...

View more questions Search