Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacy222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Collection of a judgment in Texas
    I won a judgment against my former landlord back in July. I hired an attorney who won't get paid until he collects the judgment. My problem is, can I fired him and then try to collect myself? He didn't put a lien on the landlords properties quick enough and he sold them and moved to Arizona BEFORE the final judgment. So my attorney told me that this will "be a tough one". The judgment is for over $6,000 so I would assume it would be worth my attorneys time to try and collect. Do I just chalk this up as a loss, wait for my attorney to do whatever, or fire him and try to collect myself? Also, doesn't this go on his credit? Does it matter if he moved to another state?

Check out some similar questions!

Judgment Collection and Garnishment [ 3 Answers ]

I have a monetary Judgment, Can I garnish a joint account if only one of the account holders is named in the judgment

Texas Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgment in Texas on my credit report. How long will it stay on the report. I have heard 7 years and 15 years. Please advise. Also, is there a good way that is not too expensive to have it removed ?

Texas -- collection, judgment, exempt wages, bank account [ 4 Answers ]

I'm asking this question for a friend. He currently lives in Texas and has lived here for the past 16 years. He was recently sued for an old credit card debt, but no court date or judgment has been given yet. At this time he cannot afford bankruptcy although it will be something he'll seek out...

Judgment collection [ 1 Answers ]

As a landlord I was screwed by tenants receiving social security. If I get a judgment against them, how can I collect if the law states I can't garnish social security income? Any suggestions? Please help! Vrakno

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.