Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizvegas06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Harassed
    Okay here's my question. Just recently me, my husband and my 3 kids moved. Upon moving we met the neighbors (which were cool people). The gentleman across the street was real friendly, he lived there with his mom- okay no big deal right. Well one day I came home from work and I waved to him (my husband was outside) and he gave me a dirty look. So I was like whatever and proceeded to go inside, prepare dinner and do my motherly duties. Then my husband comes up to me and says that "Josh" the guy across the street told him to tell me NOT to speak to him or even make eye contact with him when his girlfriend was around. I was like WHY.. I thought we were all cool. Well apparently "Josh" has a real jealous and insecure girlfriend. So I left it alone and now I just ignore him and her when I see them, but now his girlfriend and her friends are constantly coming over across the street and glaring at me and the other night I was in my garage with my 3 year old and she busted out with "what are you looking at b!@#$%... It took all my might to act like the bigger person and not go over there and bust her in her mouth. These girls are like 21 and I'm 35. What should I do? I really want to be the bigger person but at the same time, I want to knock her out! :mad:
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 2, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Wow, that really sucks!

Well I would say continue to be the bigger person. Just do your best to ignore her. Can you find any humor in the situation? I would try and laugh it off... though I know its hard when you really just want to get in their face... but its worth a try.

She sounds obscenely jealous... I never can figure out people like that.. you must be pretty hot mom for a 21 year old to be jealous.. haha. Just think of her jealousy as a joke, its pathetic...

Of course her cussing in front of your kids is rather disrespectful too... I don't know if I would have been able to keep my mouth shut.. lol. So you didn't say anything? She didn't try to antagonize you anymore?

I guess if it continues you could *try* to converse with her... Im not sure if that's a great idea, but if its something you think you could bring yourself to do.. maybe it would be worth a try. Maybe have dinner and invite the couple? These are just some wild ideas...

Hopefully someone else here will have some good advice for yah.

Good Luck!
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Jan 2, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Ignorance had a tendency to bring out the worst in people; therefore, call this young lady over to yourself and have a heart to heart with her. Let her know that you can be her confidant, you are not seeking to be her enemy. If she still wants to behave like she has Cocoa Puffs for brains. Ignore her, she will eventually get the picture; however if she feels that she is getting your goat, she will continue. Confrontation does not need be violent, but if it has to go there... Open up a can of Whip and I do not mean Cream.
    cutestuff2003 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 07:05 AM
    All I have to say is what goes around comes around... keep being the bigger person and she will eventually get what is coming to her
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 5, 2007, 07:12 AM
    I would have your husband go over and talk to Josh. Have him tell Josh that you have no problem ignoring him when his girlfriend is around. But that both of you will NOT tolerate her harassing you, especially not in front of your young children. He should be nice about it. Take the tack that you realize it's the girlfriend not him. But that he needs to exercise some control over her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Harassed about ex-husbands debts [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Im in a bad situation, I'm receiving phone calls & letters stating that I owe them money however It's not me that owes them money it's my ex-husband I separated with him on 2002 when we separated he said he owed nothing like a fool & a trusting person that I am I believed him, I divorced him...

Friend being harassed by neighbor [ 20 Answers ]

I have a friend in my neighborhood who is being harassed by his next door neighbor. He's calling the city on all kinds of violations ( some warranted), he looks into my friends home, spies on his wife, peeks over his fence, and is generally making his life miserable. Has anyone else had a neighbor...

Cats being harassed! [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 cats are related they're mother and daughter, both are spayed also, but I'm having problems with the big male who fathered my eldests kittens, my cats come and go through my kitchen window and for the past few weeks this big male has been following my 2 all ova, wherever they go he turns up....

View more questions Search