Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2010, 11:00 PM
    Honda outboard
    I have an older 5 HP Honda trolling motor (The blue and white ones) that is starting to smoke. It has smoked all season but not too bad. All of a sudden, it seems to be worse. Engine runs great, starts on the second pull when cold but the smoke is getting to me, especially when the wind is right. Plug doesn't foul and oil level is on the full mark. A few years ago, I put an overhaul kit in this engine, because had overheated because of a stuck thermostat. I remember a seal on the bottom of the block. Could this be where the oil is getting into the cylinder. Power is still great.

UPDATE: I have ordered a Service manual for this motor and plan on overhauling this winter. Local boat shops weren't too interested in doing it, as it wasn't large enough to be feasible money wise for me to have them do it. I would be interested in a parts vendor though that may have the parts I need. Gaskets, seals, rings etc.

Check out some similar questions!

Boat outboard motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Evinrude 110 HP VRO Ser. # J1127547, Mod. # E110TLCDC with less than 20 hours on it, no corrosion, kept inside since it was put on the boat. What year model is the motor and how much is it worth?

Mercury outboard 4 stoke [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Mercury 115 4 stroke fuel injected outboard that won't fire. Checked spark plugs - getting spark. Checked fuel lines, no leaking, bulb is hard. Spayed ether and engine fires but cuts off. Checked fuel to fuel pump and check all fuses. Boat ran great 2 weeks ago and I started in my...

Outboard engine was not winterized [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older (78 or 79) Evinrude 85 hp outboard engine. It has run very well for me since purchasing the boat in 2002. Due to a job change, where I was out of state (boat remained in Michigan), I did not have the engine winterized for the first time since owning it. I use a fuel treatment...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search