Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frogger420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 03:35 PM
    Please help
    My Boyfriend and I have been fighting almost most of our relationship and when we fight one of us explodes, to make it short one of us always starts packing and today he helped me pack. But then when I was taking the last of my stuff out to my car he started to cry and said he didn't want me to leave he was just mad and he loves me. What do I do? I feel that we can't get along without fighting but I know that we both love each other?
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Before you two start to fight walk away for 5-10 minutes... cool down. Come back and just TALK. If you do argue don't pack up and make sure you tell him not to pack either.
    When you two aren't fighting tell him that your done with this arguing and fighting and almost leaving stuff. Tell him that for now on we need to take a little time and cool down and then just sit and talk. Communication is the best. Try this and see if this helps you:)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 03:49 PM

You do realize you are acting like two three-year-olds fighting over a toy. You absolutely have to pick a time when both of you are calm and in a good mood and feeling like discussing the situation. In fact, if I were you, I'd find a third person to act as a buffer -- perhaps a couples counselor for a session or two while you both figure out some strategies for dealing with your anger and hammer out some rules for yourselves?

This has to be annoying, doesn't it -- all the packing up and then unpacking again? Use that energy for improving your relationship!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 03:51 PM

Just a couple of questions...

How old are you two and how long have you been together?

From what it sounds like, there is no happy medium and you two sound very toxic.

Also very stubborn.

Well, that gets old after a while.

I would sit down and talk to him. Set some boundries. Compromise. Find a happy medium.

You two over react big time.

My main concern is that eventually it gets physical.
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

Oct 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Exchange and clarify your wants and needs without getting your emotions involved {PERIOD)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search