Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsu90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Installed Honeywell RTH7400 Thermostat but get no power
    I have tried to comb through the threads to find a problem that fits mine, but I didn't find it. So please forgive me if this is a repeat question for something that has already been presented.

I have just installed 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats (RTH7000 series). The one for my downstairs unit works just fine, however I can't seem to get any power from the unit upstairs and I have installed them both the same way.

I have 5 wires. Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue (for C). I have read to check the circuit breaker, but the switch is on. I have also read about fuses, but I have no clue where the box is if one even exists.

I have a outside AC unit and a Goodman indoor gas furnace that is about 12 years old.

Any idea how I should proceed to fix this? Keep in mind I am slow. :)

Thanks
    gsu90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gsu90
    I have tried to comb through the threads to find a problem that fits mine, but I didn't find it. So please forgive me if this is a repeat question for something that has already been presented.

I have just installed 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats (RTH7000 series). The one for my downstairs unit works just fine, however I can't seem to get any power from the unit upstairs and i have installed them both the same way.

I have 5 wires. Red, Green, White, Yellow and Blue (for C). I have read to check the circuit breaker, but the switch is on. I have also read about fuses, but I have no clue where the box is if one even exists.

I have a outside AC unit and a Goodman indoor gas furnace that is about 12 years old.

Any idea how I should proceed to fix this? Keep in mind I am slow. :)

Thanks
    Can anyone help me with this?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 09:45 PM
    You should have a 24 volt transformer in the furnace. 2 wires from it should go to the control board. One of them may have an inline fuse in it, or there may be a small automotive blade fuse on the board. Does the furnace have an LED on the control board? If you have a volt meter, you can check the R and C terminals at both the furnace and thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Honeywell RTH7400 wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I got a new honywell RTH7400. I need help wiring up the unit. I just had a new Cold air central heating and A/C unit installed. It's electric heat and I need help with the wiring of the new honeywell RTH7400 5-1-1 control unit. Wires: Green Yellow White Black Red Orange

Honeywell thermostat t8624d [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am replacing my old round honeywell thermostat with a t8624d. The wires coming out of the wall are red white green yellow purple (blue). Unfortunately my son disconnected to old one so I have no comparison to go by. My furnace is gas with no air conditioner. Can any one help with the...

New Thermostat installed, Fan works, No blowing air [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new thermostat (Ritetemp 8050c) onto a electric furnace and A/C unit. Connected the following wires to the corresponding terminals as the instructions showed (W1, R, Y, G, B) When I attempted to run the A/C I could hear things starting up but no air was produced. After a...

View more questions Search