Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LydiaChristian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 10:34 AM
    Why does my dad hate me?
    I just don't know why my dad gets mad when I hate certain foods. He doesn't even care for me. That's why he doesn't want me to live with him anymore. He loves everybody else but me. Am I just not a good daughter? I don't know what to do.. I just wish he would understand me and listen to me, and be a better dad. But I can't change people. So I don't know if I will ever have a family or not....
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Oct 19, 2010, 06:10 PM
    Treat him like an adult and be polite and respectful to him and simply ask him what his problem is. But, do not call him out in front of others because that will only embarrass and frustrate him. If you are being stubborn about certain foods and not giving it a chance you may just be confusing frustration with hatred. He doesn't listen to you then make time for one on one with no television, radio, or children running around to distract either. Explain yourself and your reasoning to him, but also give him time to explain his side as well. If none of this works then be the adult and decide what is Reasonably best for you in this situation but also seek other advice from someone close who knows the situation more closely then three lines of explanation.
    LydiaChristian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Comment on VRon1's post
    I will try that... I hope it will work. If not then what will happen.. But I will try that, thank you for the answer. It sounds very helpful.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2010, 01:37 PM

Lydia

Most of us parents were raised to believe that children should at least try the food put before them. For right or wrong your father was raised at a different time and parenting was also different.
    We as parents sometimes get so caught up in work and how we are going to pay the bills and put groceries on the table that we can't even see what is standing right in front of our faces. Im not saying its right.
    You know how stressed you get by not being able to get across to you father what your feeling, and that you need some of his attention, that you feel loss on what to do next. Parents also have these feelings, but we don't have anyone to turn to, or to ask for help, so keep it inside, or blow up at our loved ones.
    Your father loves you and proud of you. He might feel that your very mature for your age, and might just assume that you can handle things better then your siblings.
    Bottom line is talk to him and give him the same benefit of listening and accepting his answers , just like you would a friend. Remember just because we are adults doesn't mean we have perfect communication skills. Also remember he loves you and like any good parent would lay his life down for you. Good luck
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 21, 2010, 05:01 PM
    I doubt your dad hates you, you probably are just different people. Just the difference in ages alone make kids and parents disagree. It's very normal to feel like you don't like each other. Nothing you could do I don't ever makes you a bad daughter. He may have his reasons for your not living there and they may have nothing to do with you. As you get older, you probably will have more in common. In the meantime, may be he wants you to eat certain things because he loves you and wants you to stay healthy. Try to see his motives as signs that he cares about you. When we are young we think parents don't understand or kids gets on our nerves but really it's just being very different people with different life experiences. You are probably a good kid, just maybe he doesn't know how to get that across to you. (Men aren't good at that)
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 06:08 PM

Talk to him. It's hard to sit here and say that he hates you unless he has told you so. My guess is that he's just different than you. He views things differently, thinks differently, acts and reacts differently. Things you do that seem OK may not be with him.

Communication is a powerful tool. Talk to him, express your feelings and fill him in on the way he makes you feel. He could not even know he makes you feel this way.

Rick
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2010, 06:21 PM

Parents have various ways to deal with food, some think you need to eat what they say and give foods a chance.

Others think you just eat what you want.

At my house we cook what we cook, kids eat it or they may be hungry ( alittle) they choose.

But if that is the only issue, that is minor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate my dad [ 20 Answers ]

I have hated my dad ever since I knew what he was like, he is arragant, mean and blames me for everything. I want to get adopted but I still adore my mum. I am tied and feel lonely. My dad is lazy, treats my family badly and takes everything out on me because I am the youngest (15), I have tried...

Why does dad hate me [ 2 Answers ]

Aww I'm the same me and my dad have are ups and down but these days al he ever does is seem to shout at me I c arnt do anything write Any more he's said I'm a waste of space never there 4 anyone always think of my self etc But I know that isn't...

I think I hate my dad. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey i'm 15 years old and i have like this big massive gap between me and my dad. I don't get along with him at all and were constantly argueing and fighting.. how do i stop this and should I tell someone?

Does my dad hate me? [ 16 Answers ]

I feel like everything I do is wrong! I can't do anything right. Its like whatever I do I'm never going to be good enough for my dad. He never notices anything I do right but when I do something wrong he goes crazy. I no your probably going to say he's my dad he must love me but he dosen't....

View more questions Search