Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyholman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 11:37 PM
    Need opening sentences for personal introduction letter
    I am writing a personal letter of introduction for a position within the school system. I have to focus on the communication skills I've acquired during academic, professional and social settings. I can not figure out how to stat my letter. This is for my english assignment in school. I don't undestand any of it
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 11:46 PM

You want a hook immediately at the beginning of the letter.

Is there anything about you that is unique or very interesting?

Which position in the school system?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 19, 2010, 03:37 AM
    A first sentence should be short. It should say what position you are applying for: 'This is to introduce myself along with my resume for the position of ________ at _________.' The next sentence should say why. It doesn't hurt to give it a personal and unique touch, rather than a dry, ordinary statement. You could say 'My dreams, career goals, and studies have centered around education and young people since I was 15' or something else with punch. Then, new paragraph. Since the requirement is to focus on communication skills, you can go through all the places you have learned them: advanced courses involving discussion and debate, jobs in sales or service with a lot of public interaction, speaking engagements before clubs and volunteer groups, scouting or sports coaching, reading from scriptures at a house of worship - I don't know if you are supposed to make all this up or use real life experience, but if the assignment doesn't say, make it up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introduction letter [ 4 Answers ]

We in small die manufacturing company,we want introduce our company please give good introduction fromats

Exciting Sales Opening Sentences Needed! [ 9 Answers ]

I am the manager of a watch and accessories retail stores with a dozen sales executives and I want to know as many exciting sales opening sentences as possible that we could all use to improve our acts. Thanks.

Introduction letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,One of friend has started a new company, The company is into corporate training, contract staffing, consulting. He want to write a introduction letter to introduce the services to the corporate companies. He was asking me for help how to write a effective introduction letter. Could anyone...

Introduction Letter [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to find how to write an introduction letter? I don't know if it's the same thing as a cover letter but that's why I am asking. Thanks

View more questions Search