Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cupcake01 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
    So my dad has a temper problem and threatens to take away everything that he can
    My dad has the temper of a child. His temper tantrum's result in him taking, taking, and taking all that he can. He feeds off control and it's sad. He's got a dictatorial attitude and he's already cut off my phone service, BUT I bought my own and got on my own service. Guess that was a punch in his face, huh? So, now he's threatening to call my job and make them let me go and he's also threatening to cancel my license. Can he do that? Help, please!
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 18, 2010, 11:40 PM

How old are you? You need to work on accepting that is how he is and making things the best you can for you. If you do something idependently for yourself such as getting a phone and working, keep it low key and for yourself, not throwing it in his face. You need to work on dealing with him the best you can, not getting even or proving anything to him. Just do it for you. Set personal goals and go for them. Do not do it for your father... just for you. :)
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Oct 19, 2010, 12:42 AM
    If any employer fires you because a crazy ranting angry dad calls them up and tells them to, then you can file charges I'm pretty sure at the employers. That is not an acceptable reason to fire an employee, even if he calls and spouts lies about you and how horrible you are or something. That's your personal life and as long as your not messing up your job or bringing it to your workplace there is not a fecking thing that he can do. If he somehow manages to swing it, jump all over that lawsuit and get yourself some money for being wrongfully fired by a jackass :P
    Also as far as I know there is no way someone can call and ask your license be revoked, without proof you drinking and driving or some hazardous driving proof like that...
    Ridiculous... do other people see your father this way? Can you somehow organize an intervention for him to get some help with this? Maybe it's not to that point but, he sounds awfully like my dad and growing up that way sucked *** -_-
    Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 03:51 AM

Well how old are you, example, if you are 15 or 16 I agree a parent has control of what you can or can not do. Some do it well, others poorly. If you are a minor child, it does not matter if you "bought your own" he can stillkeep you from using it. Had any of my children "showed me like that" they would never get that one back either.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 19, 2010, 03:56 AM
    Another key fact missing here, aside from how old you are, is are you living under HIS roof? Is he paying for that roof? Then you have to accept a lot of rules and grief that you wouldn't have if you were out on your own. Try not to end up like him with the 'punch in the face' stuff, not that I blame you - just try for your own sake, for getting along with other people as you get older.

Oct 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
    I'll be 18 in a few months. So I'm stuck, like I'm ''border-line" legal but not yet. It's so annoying. And yes, I do live under his roof unfortunately. I am trying to accept the rules, it's just very difficult especially when they're SO wrong. And I know yes, teens think every rule that their parents make are wrong and so forth, but I'm not even close-minded. I know there are some rules that I won't like, but the majority of the ones he set up are hypocritical and wrong. He likes to control EVERYTHING, you say boo-hoo and he takes something away. He's even shut off my mom's phone because they got in a little argument. And I even have other parents that have tried to do something about it because they see how manipulative, angry, and controlling he is. And, no I'm not saying I bought a phone and flashed it in his face. Actually, for the longest he didn't know about it, but my mom saw it eventually and that's how he found out. So I'm assuming that obviously that made him madder and he wants to take more. So, wooo that's a relief he can't take my license. But, since I'm still a minor for a few more months, then he does control my job then, huh? :/

Oct 19, 2010, 09:27 AM
    Comment on Clemintine's post
    Lol :) you're comment made me laugh, you're funny! And thanks, it also reassured me that it'll be OK. And yeah, gradually more and more people see his true colors. I just wish the process was faster! Growing up this way really does blow.

Oct 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
    Comment on YeloDasy's post
    Thanks, you're comment was very positive. Being the bigger person can often be the most difficult part, but I will try my best. Thank you :)

Oct 19, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I'll be 18 in a few months...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violent temper [ 14 Answers ]

Last night my (6 foot tall) 14-year-old son was angry with me and he squeezed my arm with all of his might. After he did that, he made a motion that showed me that he wanted to choke me - moving his hands violently near my neck, as if he were ready to do it. He clearly was thinking about choking...

My boyfriebd has a temper [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a serious relationship with my partner we have two beautiful children togeather, we have been togeather for 6 years and his temper is getting worse, I understand I am difficult to be with as I have mental health problems but his angry is awful it started small and now he punches walls...

Afraid of his temper [ 21 Answers ]

Hi guys, I’m in need of some advice about my marriage. I apologise in advance for the long-winded version. My husband and I married 2 years ago after a 3-year relationship. We are from diffent countries and cultures. I became pregnant shortly afterwards and we were both happy and he treated...

My Uncontrolable Temper [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is about me, but I always hurt the people that care about me the most. Im a very easy fun person to get along with, but it seems in my relationship all we do is fight, and most times I blow up, or I tend to blow certain stuff out of reasoning. What is wrong with me? I don't...

BAD temper [ 6 Answers ]

I have a really bad problem, and I'm not sure who to go and see, but basically I keep stressing out at my family and friends. Shouting, screaming at them. Its like, if they do 1 little thing wrong, I got mad. I don't know how to keep my temper down, but my dad and my boyfriend keep saying to me...

View more questions Search