Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lauren12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 27, 2013, 03:53 PM
    I think it shouldn't be because in 20 years she'll be 32 and he'll be 37 and u could get married
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren12345 View Post
    I think it shouldn't be because in 20 years she'll be 32 and he'll be 37 and u could get married
    At 32 and 37 your both adults. An age difference when you're an adult is not a bad thing. Adults can think rationally, they've learned enough to make a mature decision about mature issues. A child hasn't, a child can't. A child's brain isn't even fully developed yet, the part of the brain that can reason things out doesn't mature until later in life. That's why there are laws to protect children, because they literally don't have the mental capacity to protect themselves.

Having said that, what you think really doesn't matter. The law is what matters. I suggest you read the entire thread because the law, in regards to this question, is discussed in detail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

If you are 13 is it illegal to date a 21 year old [ 16 Answers ]

See I was 13 and I dated a guy who was 21 and we are still together and I'm 15 and he's 22 and I need to know if it is illegal.

Is it illegal to date a 18 year old when your 13 years old? [ 7 Answers ]

We aren't really together together yet and he just turned 18. We are trying to figure out if its legal or not. We really like each other and have for a while.

If I am 17 is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old? [ 5 Answers ]

If I am 17 about to be 18 in 4 months is it illegal for me to date a 21 year old?

Is it illegal for a 17 year old to date a 14 year old [ 20 Answers ]

I'm currently dating a 14 year old I'm 17 and her dad is intending to report me to the police I have not done anything sexual with her what should I do?

Is it illegal for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a situation which I am stuck in... I like this 18 year old boy, but I'm not sure if it illegal for him to date me... is it illegal in california? And I also want to know what is the age limit in order for it to be illegal... (like an 18 year old dating a 17 or younger) in california ...

View more questions Search