Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Oct 18, 2010, 04:13 PM
    We had an agreement but sex complicated things; what do I do?
    I really like this guy; (but when everyone asks why I can't come up with an answer) we've been friends for a year now and only started having sex about three months ago. We're in college and we agreed to be friends but we're sex buddies. Should I continue having sex with him and hanging out with him even though I may end up really really liking, or even loving him? How should I approach this topic with him?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by VRon1 View Post
    I really like this guy; (but when everyone asks why i can't come up with an answer) we've been friends for a year now and only started having sex about three months ago. We're in college and we agreed to be friends but we're sex buddies. Should i continue having sex with him and hanging out with him even though I may end up really really liking, or even loving him? How should i approach this topic with him?
    Does he want to move forward in the relationship? Or is it friends with benefits that he wants?

I see nothing good coming out of this. I see heart break here.

If it were me, I would stop having sex with him. To me though, I can't have sex with someone I'm not in love with. It would confuse the situation.

However, there are plenty of people who can just have sex for the sake of sex. If you are one of those people, then more power to you.

If you aren't and you are afraid of falling in love with him, then I would stop.
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Oct 18, 2010, 04:28 PM
    What you should do is sit him down and tell him how you feel about him. If he doesn't feel the same way about you then you need to tell him that this is it. You can't have sex with him any longer. The only way that I would tell you to stop hanging out with him or stop talking to him is if you can't be around him with out having these feelings. Know what I'm saying? But yes even in a friend relationship... you need that communication.

Oct 18, 2010, 04:28 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    The problem is that I already may love him and I'm afraid to bring the topic up because I know I need to end it. I just don't know how to start the conversation. Ideas on that?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 04:36 PM

Have you asked him if he wants to be more than just friends?

I wouldn't say the "L" word, because you don't even know if he wants a relationship with you, other than just sex. I realize that you two are friends, but I'm talking about a loving exclusive relationship.

Start by talking to him.

Oct 19, 2010, 05:59 PM
    What does it mean when you're constantly thinking about this 'one' other person?
    We have this friendship, a good sex life, and I have these strong feelings for him. But I told him, today, that I'm done because I don't feel that the feelings I have for him are mutual. I left the floor open for him to respond and all he said was, "no more sex?" After that comment/question I am confident I made the right decision but now he's all I think about. I know it'll take time to get over him but that's too long. Should I try again with him; give him another chance for him to tell his side?
    General_Ameed Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 05:56 AM
    Absoulutley NO because he might be with u just to have sex since his words were "no more sex?" that means he is just using u as his sex doll (no offence)
    dhuber Posts: 73, Reputation: 21

Oct 21, 2010, 01:30 PM
    I agree that you should have been married. It sounds like he told you where hismind was. I don't usually believe in second shots. The same things that were there the first time are there the second time. You deserve better. The best thing for a bad breakup is meeting someone who wants to be with you like they want to be like you. Meeting someone interesting, caring, and committed is the best recipe for forgetting. Months from now you will realize going back is really settling for someone like him. Go out and meet Mr. Right not Mr. Right Now
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2010, 05:21 AM

Leave him alone, and don't worry about what he said, or thinks now, just let yourself get over it, and move beyond it, because you will never trust his motives, and he had his chance to explain.

I would certainly give it whatever time it takes to heal before you get into a feel good rebound situation, and end up in the same boat again. Next time do a lot more talking, dating, and having fun getting to know a person before giving them your mind, body, and heart. Enjoy the freedom of being single before you get into anything intimate. What's the hurry, just take your time and do this right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I had make things bit complicated. Desperately looking for opinion [ 5 Answers ]

I like this guy, S, and I'm close to his friend, H, more than him. S always tease and bully me. We always argue every time we talked, either face to face or chatting. He always asked me treat him coffee or send him home when his car got problem. He give me lots of nickname, and we always...

Complicated relationship with girl who always breaks up when things are going great [ 10 Answers ]

I've had a long complicated relationship with my now probably ex-girlfriend. I'm compelled to detail the entire history of it for outside perspectives, so please bear with me. I truly apologize for the length of this post, I've lived through all of this and I don't really have anyone close to me...

My girlfriend recently broke up with me & now she's making things so complicated [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, my girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago, by the way it's a Long-distance relationship. It was so sudden, oneday I had a call from her and she wanted to take a break from me. The reason was because she had no feelings for me any longer, during that time she break off with me she...

My girlfriend needed to take steps back, now things are complicated. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to try telling a long story in a short space here. This woman started working in the same office and from "Hi" there was an instant connection. Over a few weeks we would bump into each other every now and then and I'd start up small talk to get a feel for her. Then we had a work party...

Things are getting slightly complicated! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: :( Ok. So my Boyfriend that I'd been dating for almost 7 months broke up with me about 12 days ago. I've let go as much as I can, I won't deny that I'm still angry at him for the way he acts/ed towrds me, but I'm not really hurting anymore, I miss the things he did but not him. Latley...

View more questions Search