Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muneer ahmed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Reliability of information on internet sites
    I want search the information needed in my learning process, but the information available on the internet is reliable. I want to know that can I trust on internet sites.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Internet info is not unlike book info. It's all about the source. Reputable people and companies have reputable info. Information from people and companies that are either not reputable or unknown should be taken with a grain of salt.

What subject are you speaking about?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 11:01 PM
    I am not sure what you are looking for. I have to back Rickj. Any kook can throw up a website and post outrageous garbage on it. I see a lot of it when it comes to information about dogs where I am relatively well informed. As Rick says, you have to look at who is behind the website. When it comes to dog information, I sometimes refer people to web sites, but usually it is one I have carefully checked out and most often either the American Veterinary Medicine Association or the American Kennel Club. I trust both organizations. There are cases where somebody here, that didn't know much about dogs, did a search and posted a link to a site with advice that could injure or even kill a dog. There are also some people with an agenda that post links to sites filled with propaganda. You just can't take any website at face value.

I am confident about the dog advice I give, and know enough about plumbing, electrical, and heating and cooling to say the experts there are giving good advice and will point out the bad advice occasionally posted in those forums. There are some other people here I trust, but don't think I know enough about their area to say how good their answers are.

One of the good things about AMHD is that if somebody posts bad information, somebody else points it out. Most of our forums have enough good people to do so. The user still needs to be able to sort out the different opinions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror sites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me what are the greatest sites for "Horror Movies"?

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

Unwanted sites [ 3 Answers ]

My grandson downloaded 'Yahoo Messenger with BT Communicator + Yahoo Internet Mail', when I wasn't watching him. I'm now unable to remove these sites. They are in add & remove in the control panel, but clicking the remove doesn't remove them. I use windows XP. Any suggestions please!

Is about Sites... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there, I love games mostly sega or neogeo... but my problem is I don't know much about the characters moves and specials... do you know a site that can teach me how to play the games, I tried to look to there official site but they only give me a hint the basic how the game goes but no tips...

Sites [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get the registration information for a web site if it is not a registrar listed at the whois/internic. I know that the info (date of expiration of domain etc) is out there but I forget where. Thanks

View more questions Search