Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sue Beck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Uisng other businesses to market my salon
    My new hair & Nail salon has been open since Nov 2006 and given that we are not yet in the Yellow Pages, I need effective, creative ways ( that don't cost the earth) to get clients thru' the door post-Christmas.

One local retailer has offered to put my salon flyers in its customer bags. Would I need to offer anything in return for this and has anyone had first-hand experience of the effectiveness of this kind of promotion?

Thanks in advance.

Sue.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2007, 01:16 PM
    It can be a very effective promotion known as networking. I'm assuming they would want a quid pro quo of you having their flyers or a poster in your shop.
    Logan82 Posts: 27, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2007, 09:17 PM
    When you say doesn't cost the earth... we'll need to get a picture of your budget to lay-out a plan for you!
    Anyway, poster distribution is a good idea. Most small companies, shops, restaurants will be willing to keep your posters/flyers for free. IF the person you are referring to has approached you, he might be expecting something.
    Try special promotions, kiosks, discounts for refferal policies... there are a lost of cost effective ways that work well & turn fast & have the potentinal of doubling profits!
    JMI Admin Consulting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
    You are new to this business, as a result it is imperative to let the public know that you exist. It will be helpful to have someone distribute discount fliers with coupons attached. Develop working relationship with companies offering services to women, such as boutiques, wedding planners (tailor your marketing materials accordingly) and other such providers. It is also imperative that you designate certain days just for marketing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Way to market a Hair Salon [ 10 Answers ]

I really need help with my Hair Salon. I am located in a shopping center and I purchased a business that originally was a barber shop then a unisex salon. I would like to change this image and make it a hair design salon. I have had the salon for three years and have kept the same name that the...

Nails from the salon [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nails done about 2 weeks ago. I want to remove them soon but I don't have the money to get them taken off. Is there any way to take them off with out damaging the nail underneath and without ripping them off?

Businesses by zipcode [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know of a comprehensive listing of busnesses, broken down by zipcodes? Need listings for 94104, 94105 and 94107. Thanks! pdhuf

Is It A Buyer's Market or Seller's Market.. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello group, would someone please explain to me what determines a "buyer's market" and a "seller's market"? We always hear the "news" of the housing boom busting and now we hear more homeowner's are putting their houses on the market than there are new homes being built, but what does that mean?...

Salon politics [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a very small salon and there are 4 other women in the salon besides me and my boss. I have always thought that we were all like a big family and today I called to see how many clients I had for tomarrow and one of the women there informed me that my boss (my friend) had a heart atack and...

View more questions Search