Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklyn_88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Tenant with lease expiring in 2 weeks hasn't paid rent.suffolk co. ny 2 family
    He's saying that he will move on the 1st of nov.can I get him out since the lease is expiring in case he doesn't move like he promised
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 11:43 AM

I would give the required notice for the late rent, prepare papers to file for eviction, Just in case they are needed you can save a few weeks time if that happens..

You HAVE to follow the law for your area, there are no shortcuts that can't come back to haunt you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enforce lease term/collect due rent when tenant breaks lease [ 8 Answers ]

My tenant who signed a 12-month lease in November just told me she is moving out in less than a week. She took it upon herself to prorate this month's rent. I would like to enforce the lease agreement and collect the rent for the remaining months of the term, but I need to know how to go about...

Deducting house rent paid as tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can one deduct house rent paid as a tenant in principal place of residence in itemized deductions (schedule A) of 1040 federal tax return form? Please let me know at the earliest. Thank you, Kaushik

My tenant has a month-to-month lease and has not paid rent-- NYC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a subletter in my apartment and she only has an oral agreement to stay here and she has been here for more than 30 days. First, she said she'd move at the end of last month, but on the last day she told us she was staying. When my husband asked her for the rent, she started screaming...

Co-Tenant Hasn't Paid Rent in Months - Need to collect money and evict [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I reside in Virginia. My roommate (co-tenant) has not paid their half of the rent/utilities for months now due to personal situations, but the matter seems like it is not going to resolve. How do I go about evicting my roommate and collecting the rent money owed to me? I have...

DC-Tenant never paid first month's rent [ 3 Answers ]

My new tenant signed a lease, paid a security deposit, but never made her fist month's rent. She had some ridiculous excuses, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. It has been a week since the start of her lease. She has not taken possession of the unit. Can I cancel the lease and keep the...

View more questions Search