Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Oct 18, 2010, 09:24 AM
    Chapter 13
    A friend of mine filed Chapter 13 with his wife about a year ago. They committed to paying the debt off in 5 years; this debt included her medical bills, a car in his name only, credit cards in her name only and a mortgage in both names. He and his wife have split and she won’t pay any of the chapter 13 debt repayment amounts, nor will she pay the current bills. My friend couldn’t make all the payments so he fell behind. She, through the bankruptcy attorney they used, told the courts they wanted to relinquish the house. He didn’t know about her doing that (or that is what he says) until he got a letter in the mail telling then that the home had been relinquished.

So my questions is… is there something he can do to save the house and what? Or how long does he have to get out of the home? The letter was from the attorney and didn’t have a vacate date. And the mortgage is with Wells Fargo. I didn’t see where the home is listed as a foreclosure home or anything else on the Wells Fargo site or the local MLS site. I know nothing about this.

Thanks for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference Chapter 7 or Chapter 13? [ 4 Answers ]

And when am I able to purchase a house or a car? I'm a single mom raising 2 little girls wanting to start fresh but I'm curious as to if I file either one of these how long will take me to purchase a house or a new car?

Can I file a chapter 7, if my chapter 13 case has been dismissed? [ 2 Answers ]

Under my Ch. 13 bankruptcy, my payments were based on my employment and child support. I have since been laid off(not long after filing), and have not received a child support payment in 8 months. My attorney hasn't been returning my calls, and even after knowing my income situation, he didn't...

Chapter 7 or 13? [ 6 Answers ]

Regarding a Chapter 7 BK, I had been under the impression that it would stop a foreclosure, but the home would have to be vacated and turned over to <whoever>. Is this correct, because I seem to have come across some conflicting information and just wanted to be sure. I am trying to decide...

Chapter 13 [ 2 Answers ]

I have just received notice that the bk court received my last payment and they are now in the process of discharging which takes 60-90 days. We are also selling our house and the title company claims we need to have the discharge paperwork. The court sent us a statement regarding the case was...

Chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My mother on chapter 13 and she wants out.She has a lot of equity in her home.But she's Not sure what subprime lender to go with. I also wanted to know, Can I change her house deed in my name?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.