Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Define The Function, and partial derivative
    Not sure why I'm blanking on this. So far I haven't been having any problems with partial derivatives. And I know the first part is probably easy, and I feel silly for tripping up on it.

Define the function

Compute

and using the definitions of and .

As I mentioned, I understand the method of applying the partial derivatives, but I am hung up on the definition portion.

I believe that the approach I would take is the following...

Partially differentiate with respect to x,

But then I must not be remembering something when finding the derivative when the function is zero... I might get it when I take a break and come back to it, but in the mean time if someone has something that can at least jog my memory, I would appreciate it.

Once I find the partial derivatives, I will have no problem calculating and .

Check out some similar questions!

Partial Derivative Help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am looking for help with my homework. For numbers 1 and 3, I am looking to see if I did the problem correctly. For number 2, I am completely lost and don't know where to begin. S(Subscript 1)= 30+20x-0.4x^2+b(subscript 1)y S(Subscript n)=24.58+325.18(1-e^(-x/14))+b(subscript 1)y 1....

Logarithmic Function and its Derivative [ 1 Answers ]

This is a question from my maths book: Take Logarithms of both sides and use the log laws to differentiate (a) y=x^x for this I did: log y =x log x

The result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function [ 6 Answers ]

I was asked to prove the result of increasing and decreasing function on the composite function... prove that: 1- if f(X) inc & g(X) inc, foG inc 2-if F(X) inc & G(X) dec, foG dec 3- if F(X) dec & G(X) inc, fog dec 4- if f(X) dec & G(X) dec, fog inc please help me in that

Calculus-derivative of a function [ 1 Answers ]

help mee.. derivative of a function f(x)= (x^2 + 1) ^2 / 5

Derivative of function [ 5 Answers ]

find derivative of function. Simplify when possible. y=xcos^-1x - square root 1-x^2

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search