Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joey044 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Is a will written in red ink legally binding?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 07:13 AM

Hello j:

Sure. Why wouldn't it be?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 07:29 AM

If it is in red ink and properly signed, notarized (if your state requires notarization) and witnessed properly, then yes, it is acceptable.

Usually black ink is preferable for legal documents though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a verbal lease still legally binding in RI? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently entered into a verbal lease renting an apartment in RI. The landlord tried to "self-help" evict me and only gave me 48 hours to vacate the premises (which is illegal here in RI in any case. I was told (by the landlord) that a verbal, month-to-month lease was not legally binding,...

Is verbal lease legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

I verbally agreed to move into a house with roommates for the months of June and July. I have not signed a lease, only a background check/ contact info sheet. I have since decided to change my plans, and have no moved into the property. My month-to-month agreement was for June and July, and now,...

Are deposits legally binding [ 7 Answers ]

My son paid a deposit for a car,the seller has now changed his mind, he also signed a hand written receipt, my son still wants the car

Is a verbal agreement legally binding? [ 3 Answers ]

My father-in-law is visiting us in Arkansas and was considering moving here. He looked at some homes for sale, and made a verbal offer (no realtors or paperwork involved) on a house. The seller counter-offered, but would not come down far enough. My f-i-l never signed any paperwork or offered...

Is my lease still legally binding? [ 2 Answers ]

As of June 1 2006, my 1 year lease was up and I was to continue my rental agreement with a month to month lease following he fullfilment of this one year lease. As of July 1 2006 the rental property was taken over by a new property owner. I never signed any lease agreement with this new owner...

View more questions Search