Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pur_ple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 09:22 PM
    Is it possible to over fill the gas tank on a 2011 toyota camry?
    I bought a 2011 toyota camry and went to fill it up! I filled it up all the way and topped it off to get an evven number. They said I over filled the gas tank and that is why it kept shutting off on me! They said they replaced the fuel tank and the cylinder. It is a brand new car! Should this be happening? Has anyone else had problems like this? And should they replace my car or just fix it?
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 11:45 PM
    Yes it is possible to over fill a gas tank. I wouldn't think you would over fill it trying to top it off to an even number though. You shouldn't over fill it with an extra buck added onto your amount. If you had put in 22 dollars worth of gas and it stopped you and then you wanted to just add 25 dollars worth. Yes you overfilled it completely. If you put in 22 dollars and like 35 cents and then pushed it to 23 dollars I don't think you would have that problem as much but you have a newer car therefore things will be different from older type cars.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 04:27 AM

Each pump is different from another. It's good practice nowadays to just let it click off on it's own and stop there.
    It sounds like fuel went down the vent tube of the evap canister in this case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fluidmaster tank will not fill and when I run water in the sink the tanks fill? [ 1 Answers ]

My tank will not fill after flushing ( not the bowl) however when I run water into the sink it fills

Toyota camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

It has fuel and spark but it will not start

Not able to fill gas tank in car, nozzle keep"s shutting offf [ 4 Answers ]

When pumping gas from any service station into my car, the nozzle to the pump handle of the gas dipenser keeps shutting off. Usually, ever 5-10 sec. and it doesn't matter what angle the pump is in the tank or how hard I am pushing the nozzle into the tank to make a good seal.

93 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

My camry will run and cut off while driving it. Then it won't start for up to 45 minutes. The problem is consististent. It just turns over like it wants to start but nothing. At times it won't even make any noise.

Toyota 93 Camry [ 2 Answers ]

Why is does my Camry keep blow the fuses in the main relay box? What can I do to repair it?

View more questions Search