Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clinton01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Why am I becoming angry and depressed?
    Hey guys, lately I've been through cycles of anger and depression. (btw I'm 18, 200lbs) I think that I can identify why, but I feel helpless because I can't do anything about it. I'm turning into a loner and I can't stop the progression. I think that I'm fairly normal besides the distinct lack of a real social life, and I'm more traditional. I know what style I fit into for clothes, no nerdy s#!& or anything bizarre. I know all about modern society, many people being manipulated and misguided by their tricks and tactics. Besides that... I've only had one close friend, and we're pretty tight and we almost act the same and have the same interests, and we're socially impaired. We can't hang out as much since I moved a little ways away and since he's still in high school. But it has always been just us - no one else in our friend group. That's it. I have another close friend who is 'normal', and he doesn't understand my social dilemma since he's never been there. We hang out and drink together sometimes, with his friends too, but I'm not really close to him. He's just someone I hang around. Other than that. I have no other friends. At work, everyone else knows each other, but I hardly know anyone. I try and talk to them but they always seem to stay at surface level conversation with me. I still have to wait and see about people in my college classes since I haven't started my major classes yet. But before, in trade school I talked with nearly everybody all the time, we all knew each other really well, but I never made the steps to do stuff after class. So yeah, other than that I got nothing. I get angry or depressed when I see friend groups and couples in public, I'm really jealous that they get to do that and I never get to. I feel so out of place in society and I feel like I have no one to hang out with half the time. I think that I'm just too quiet, or people really don't want to be around me. I'm also starting to get scared because I haven't had a real girlfriend yet, in the sense that I need more experience so I can eventually find someone I'll be happy with.

The anger and depression is becoming regular, on a weekly basis now I feel like trash. It sucks hardcore. I feel so hopeless sometimes that I'll always be disliked and miserable, and that I'll always be a loner.
    UntilTheEnd Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Oct 17, 2010, 09:15 PM

I know how you're feeling dude. I feel exactly the same. I used to be able to be happy by myself but lately I'm tired and just depressed. I think we've got a case of the winter blues or something. Plus do you exercise? It's a great way of feeling better, and plus you ll look better for the girls :). You can always give me a message or something if you need someone to talk to.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Oct 17, 2010, 09:54 PM

I am sorry you are feeling so down. I want to commend you for knowing what is getting you down and wanting to make things better!
    You said that you have an idea of why you are cycling, what is your interpretation? Is it all the things in your post, or do you think it is more inside of yourself that you want to look at?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed Angry Horrible Mom of adhd son with drug addict husband! [ 9 Answers ]

My life is past falling apart. Here's the background. My husband was abusive and an addict and gambler when I was pregnant. I left him and became a single mom living at my parents house. Things were OK here, I went back to college to get my degree and worked F/t. I worked really early to get...

I'm always angry and sad, can't get out of feeling so depressed. [ 6 Answers ]

I feel really bad because I'm so angry and confused on what to do with myself. I feel like none of my friends are there for me right now. Everyone is always busy! I started liking a guy but didn't want a relationship with him, he has many girls that he talks to and I was just having fun with him...

I'm angry depressed and losing it [ 14 Answers ]

Hello occupants of the ask me, help desk forums Let me start by getting a few things out of the way, I am 17, I have never been bullied, I have a tolerable home life, and hate the majority of people I meet. So, any answers relating to it being normal for teens, or bullying, or a poor home life,...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Constantly angry and depressed [ 87 Answers ]

Hi I am 31 years old with a good education but no job.Two nice , healthy kids a very loving husband and good sex life... but I am constantly irritated, angry and always on the edge. I have tried yoga, past life therapy, gulping down anti-depressants, prayer circles etc... nothing seems to life the...

View more questions Search