Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa_ann Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 05:13 PM
    How do I tell my fiancé my concerns about being used?
    My fiancé lives at my home 4 to 5 days out of the week. When the topic of moving in together comes up, he says he doesn't want to complicate things. Did I mention he doesn't pay for anything? I am a single mother of three and struggling while going to college. He see's what I am going through and doesn't do anything to help. He makes good money at his full time job and sells cars on the side, which he sells from my driveway. While stating my situation, I can see how bad it really is. Just need words of advice. Thanks for reading.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 05:22 PM

Charge him for renting your driveway, or tell him to get lost. Some fiancé, and explain why he is allowed to freeload on your hard working time?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Oct 17, 2010, 05:27 PM

Explain to him that you have reservations about how you two will work together when you are married, when he does not help you at all now. Honestly, he is not treating you how someone who loves you should treat you. And the "don't want to complicate things" is what someone who does not want to get involved would say--not a fiancé.

Oct 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Wow, that comment has really made my day! Lol... Thank you very much for the advice.

Oct 17, 2010, 05:46 PM
    Comment on Northwind_Dagas's post
    You are definitely right. Sometimes it takes someone else pointing it out or confirming it, to make someone see more clearly. I appreciate your advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 06:40 PM

If you can not just talk to him about things, you have worst problems.

Next if he is there 4 or 5 nights, he is living there, he is using you from the sound of it. You need to be more direct and have talks and explain the issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concerns during dating [ 17 Answers ]

I am girl of 23.I am dating my boyfrnd for last 4 yrs.he is very caring and possesive about me.But the problem I am facing are: 1)my boyfriend expresses his love by kissing me ,hugging me or saying jokes sometimes.but I feel too shy to kiss him. Even things become such that he only asks me to kiss...

Inheritance concerns [ 2 Answers ]

A distant relative died. He had NO will, no spouse and no children. The state has included as an heir my deceased nephew's illegitimate daughter. My nephew never married the mother of this girl. Also included as heirs are my deceased brother's two sons. My sister and I who are in our 60's are...

New Home Concerns [ 5 Answers ]

I currently own condo in what has become an unsafe place to live and we are upside down on the value of the home. Our payment for our mortgage is going to go up in December and this place is not worth the amount they want and it will be too high for us to afford. We have never been late on a...

View more questions Search