Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camrygal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 01:11 PM
    2000 camry fuses re-blown
    Was driving my 2000 Camry 4cyl this morning and the dash gauges stopped working. I pulled over, replaced the blown fuse for windows, etc. When I went to start the car again, the battery was dead. I jumped the car and drove home, same fuse blew again on the way home. When I turned the car off at home, was unable to start the car again. Jumped it and now the shift won't come out of park! And battery will not hold a charge... any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 05:21 PM

Let's start with a new battery. If the old one won't hold a charge just get a new one and then we can look for your short, because you have one. I think the battery and the fuse are 2 separate issues.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Oct 18, 2010, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by camrygal View Post
    was driving my 2000 Camry 4cyl this morning and the dash gauges stopped working. I pulled over, replaced the blown fuse for windows, etc. When I went to start the car again, the battery was dead. I jumped the car and drove home, same fuse blew again on the way home. when I turned the car off at home, was unable to start the car again. Jumped it and now the shift won't come out of park! and battery will not hold a charge... any ideas?
    Is this vehicle equipped with any aftermarket accessories?
    This electrical system needs proper hands-on diagnosis, both for starting and charging.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 12:15 PM
    I would ask this question in Automobile, you'll get more looks there.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2010, 12:53 PM

Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 01:57 PM

This is common enough to say the highest probability, is a short in the trunk wiring harness.
    Trunks that are often used, bend the small harness leading down the left trunk hinge.
    Where that harness joins up with the big harness is where we find the shorts and opens.
    It may require a trained eye to find it.
    The 7.5 "Gauge" fuse is the one that usually pops because that's integrated with the reverse lights. Sometimes triggers the CEL to come on.
    All kinds of crazy stuff connected with the gauge circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blown fuses in furnace when turning on Central Air [ 6 Answers ]

Central Air - Goodman Furnace - Tappan Thermostat - Robertshaw (Programmable) I keep blowing a 3 Amp fuse that is located on a computer board inside of my furnace panel when turning on the Central Air unit. I've replaced the fuse and was able to run the furnace and the blowing fan just fine,...

100amp blown fuses [ 3 Answers ]

I am having a problem with blown fuses,restaurant has a 100 amp box just for a/c units But recently of the heat the fuses blown once all the a/v are on. Last year we have the same units but we did not have any problems at all.

Blown fuses [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 02 chevy silverado hd 4wd 6.6L.it keeps blowing fuses to the right turn signal,brake,and hazard lights. The left turn signal works fine as well as the running lights.all the bulbs are good and there don't seem to be any broken or frayed wires so how are these connected?

Blown Fuses [ 3 Answers ]

Keep blowing fuel pump fuses and already changed the fuel pump relay, didn't solve the problem. 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 6.1 Car

View more questions Search