Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faithforfour Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 01:30 AM
    Movement of baby
    I am 18 weeks now. This is my 4th child. I was feeling a lot of movement of the baby this past 1-1/2, but now I have not felt anything in days. Is this normal?
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 01:33 AM
    My wife had the same thing happen about the same time frame as you. The ob gyn said she was fine but just to be on the safe side I'd go get seen about it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 01:42 AM

This is common this early in pregnancy since the fetus is still very small.

One thing you can try, and I tell this to my patients... Drink a tall glass of orange juice or coca cola. Go lay down in a dark room, no music, to TV. Just relax. This may perk the baby up enough for you to feel some kicks, but remember, the baby is still tiny and there is still the possibility that you won't feel anything. So, don't get depressed if nothing happens.

I would also advise you to contact your doctor on Monday to discuss your concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby movement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 weeks pregnant and would like to know when normally should you feel the baby moving? I certainly haven't felt a kick. I have on occasion felt a 'bubble like' feeling in my tummy but I've put that down to needing to go to the toilet, or gas. I bought one of those heart monitor things...

Feeling movement [ 10 Answers ]

I have a question... I will be 9 weeks in 3 days.. this is my 3rd pregnancy the 2 ended in M/C's.. I have been gaining a lot of weight and I am starting to look like I'm pregnant.. like 4-5 months... and also I have been feeling movement in my lower abdomen.. I think that it is to early but I have...

Baby movement [ 12 Answers ]

I am 25 weeks pregnant and still hardly feel the baby moving. I sometimes feel the slight flutter in my lower abdomen but haven't felt a strong kick or movement. I looked online and most websites say you should feel the baby move between 16-20 weeks and should be feeling strong movements by the...

Less movement? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if any one else has had a pregnancy in which the baby moved very little in the third trimester. I worry because I had a very nice amount of movement late in the second trimester and now early in the third movement is rare. The doctor tells me to try sugar or caffeine to...

View more questions Search