Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkey2002 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 09:40 PM
    Mildred Seeley Doll?
    :confused: I am researching some of my mothers dolls for her, and cannot find any information on one. It is all bisque (I am assuming, some sort of porcelain), has jointed arms and legs, the joints are held together by some sort of white cloth-like material, and a blonde curly wig attached by a hole in the top of it's head. It's wearing a pink frilly dress and has matching pink ribbons in the hair. On the back of it's head made into the plaster it says in big letters "JOLENE'S DEBBIE", underneath that in smaller letters it has a copyright symbol followed by "Mildred Seeley Original". It says 1970-something, all you can make out is the 197, the rest is too faint and rubbed out. I researched Mildred Seeley but couldn't find anything about her making dolls, only plates of dolls she collected. Any information anyone can give me on this doll or how to better research it will be very much appreciated, I'm at my wit's end after all of the dead ends I keep finding!
    greenmakescents Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2011, 10:06 PM
    Hi there, I have a Mildred Seeley doll too and can't find any info or site or link to get help. Your right it's like running into a brick wall. I noticed you are in TX that is where I lived when acquired the doll in about 1994. Please let me know if you sold or found the value. Thanks... greenmakescents
    WelshDoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Hi, the late Mildred Seeley was internationally famous for her vast collection of antique dolls; for the Doll Artisan Guild, Seeley's molds, being author of about 20 books and the marvelloul way she took the mystery out of making reproduction antique dolls! Her whole family was involved in the business - her husband Vernon made molds of her (often very valuable rare antique dolls.

Thousands of people all over the world have found fulfillment in making skilfully crafted dolls under Mildred's tuition, through her books and the guild she founded. We have all become richer - not just financially - for the privilege of discovering her.

She was an amazing lady, and I personally owe her a debt of gratitude.

Check out eBay and Amazon for Mildred's doll books, workbooks etc. and I think also the Doll Artisan Guild still exists.

Tiffco

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name that doll [ 2 Answers ]

I had a doll in the 80s and he was a hard headed plastic doll with hard plastic hands but the rest of the body was rag doll style,he's hair was wool,and he wore a cordroy sandy colour cap with matching dungaries,and a check shirt.he also had freckles on his face,the head was about 2 times the size...

Who is this doll? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about this doll. I bought her for my mom who loves dolls of all kinds, I wanted to give her some information about her when I gave it to her, but after searching and searching I found nothing of the kind. Please would or does any of you brilliant people...

Aging Aunt Mildred. [ 7 Answers ]

Aging Aunt Mildred was a 93-year-old woman who was particularly despondent over the recent death of her husband. She decided that she would just kill herself and join him in death. Thinking that it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out his old Army pistol and made the decision...

View more questions Search