Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OnomayJO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
    Ear Peicings.
    I got the top of my Cartilage peicing yesterday
    It didn't hurt getting it done but because my cartilage is very tough
    It took a while to get in.
    I've had it for about 1 day and it hurts but its mild but the sting hurts allot
    It isn't red and it hasn't puffed up
    Its given me a headace I wanted to know can I take antiboitics
    Also I wanted to know the signs of infection
    Amd how long it takes before I can put different peicings in and how long in total it would take to heal
    And please I use disinfectant to clean my ears it stings is this good
    If now what other product should I use and how do I clean my ear properly
    Sorry... allot I've asked but I'm really paranoid thankyou(:
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2010, 01:30 PM

I've always heard 4 to 8 weeks, depending on the person before you change earrings. The person who did the peircing may be able to change your earrings out earlier and determine when you're ready to change them out on your own.

Unless you have signs of infection (red, swollen, seeping), I wouldn't advise your taking antibiotics. If you do decide to take some, be certain to have a physician prescribe them for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got slapped in the ear pretty hard and now I can't hear out of that ear. [ 19 Answers ]

I got slapped on the side of the head along with my ear... and it hurt so bad (of course) and now here I am a day later and still can't hear out of it- I can plug the good ear and can hear a little teeny bit but now I feel so off balanced and going crazy because I can't hear like I did.its awfull-...

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Liquid in middle ear caused by shower spray directly in ear. [ 2 Answers ]

I sprayed the shower spray in my ears. The result is I have liquid in my middle ear. I have lost some of my hearing in both ears. I am now using a nose spray prescribed by the doctor. Has anyone else ever done this stupid thing and does anyone know what the outcome might be? Ty ...

View more questions Search