Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamelajm88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 03:46 PM
    If I pay the balance on my judgement not including interest will that stop a garnish.
    I have a judgement against me and have been garnished on it a few times it was for 5000. And now all that is left is 1700 but the actual balance is 423.36 the rest is interest. They told me if I pay 450. It will stop it from going to garnishment but it already has gone back into court. I got a notice yesterday. If I still pay will they stop the garnisment, even though I would still owe the interest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 16, 2010, 04:44 PM

Not here, the balance is the total due, and you can't just pay off the principle, it will go against the total due.

But if "they" is the court and the court told you this then if you pay it, you can go back to court to ask for the garnishment to be lifted.

But it has to be paid, so if you have 450 pay it and get the balance lower

Oct 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    They is the collection agency alliance one. They sent me court papers and it says my balance is 423.36 but total is 1700. Due to interest. The girl at the collection agency told me if I pay 450.00 it will stop it from going further into garnishement

Oct 16, 2010, 09:51 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    But as of now it has been to court and is being sent to my employer to start the garnishment, I just want to know even if my employer has been told to start and if I pay the 450.00 will alliiance one stop it.
    SahraSmith Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 05:44 AM
    Yes may be depends on how you negotiate with the bank.

Get a Cash Loan now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IN Mississippi can the court garnish a social sercurty check to pay a judgement? [ 1 Answers ]

In Mississippi can the court garnish a social security check to pay a judgement?

Unadjusted trial balance and its importance including the accounts involved [ 2 Answers ]

The adjusted trial balance, the unadjusted trial balance and the post-closing trial balance. Explain the purpose of each, and indicate the types of account balances which are contained in each.

Stop a garnish [ 2 Answers ]

How can I stop a garnish -what can I do-do you know anything about "notice of motion"?

Maryland Judgement - How do I garnish wages [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maryland Court Judgement against an individual, I have found where he works, how can I garnish his wages, without incurring in a big cost? Please help,

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

View more questions Search