Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LSShepherd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Replacement Faucets for Tub and Shower Stall
    Eagertolearn: did you ever resolve this issue? I am in the same situation. It seems the only replacement tub/shower fixtures for an 11" spread faucet are the ugly 'universal' types you get out of the bins in a Home Depot store. If you found a resolution to this issue, I would love to hear about it! Thanks! Laura
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 16, 2010, 02:06 PM

LS,
    You're responding to a two year old dead thread so I moved you into one of your own. Moen makes a chrome remodel plate 12 1/2" wide, n(see image). This should allow you to install a top of the line one handle shower valve. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Oct 16, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Hi Tom:
    Thanks for the response. I was actually hoping there may be another option. I want to maintain the 'vintage' look of my bathroom and prefer the 3-handle look. Also, I've heard that the remodel cover plates do not always cover all of the hole area in an 11.5" spread if this is, in fact, the only route available.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 16, 2010, 04:18 PM

What are your centers? 11 or 11 1/2"? Would you like me to snoop around and see if I can find a vintage type faucet with the same centers? Back to you, Tom

Oct 16, 2010, 05:34 PM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    I would have to look at some long buried plumber notes, but I believe it is 11". If you are able to find a vintage type faucet with the same center, I would be elated! Thanks for the offer to try! LS
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2010, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    If you are able to find a vintage type faucet with the same center, I would be elated!
    How about a three handle Gerber with a 11" spread? Check out Gerber # 47-=130-83 tub and shower valve at;
    Chicago Faucet Shoppe, commercial, residential, kitchen and bathroom faucets faucet&Extensive_Search=Y
    Let me know if that's satisfactory. If not I'll look farther. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement Faucets for 1950's Tub and Shower Stall [ 3 Answers ]

I'm so glad to find this site! Here goes... I have a ranch house built in 1950 with two baths. Both are about to have the faucets replaced. The main bath has a tub/shower and will need a three handle tub/shower faucet. The plumber said that with an 11 inch spread he can only find a faucet from...

Shower Stall Replacement - Drain alignment [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for advice on replacing a shower stall. I pulled the old unit and purchased a new unit with the same dimensions (36x36x72). The drain pipe comes up through the foundation and has a built in square off-set around it. The pipe sticks out of the concrete in the recessed box about 4 inches....

From tub to shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I will be remodeling my bathroom soon and will be converting from a tub to a shower stall. It is ground level on a cement slab. My question is should I have to move the drain at all or can I pour and form a drain pan with the drain in it's current "tub standard" position/distance from wall?

Shower stall replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a one piece fiberglass shower stall that I want to remove and replace. The drain pipe is PVC with a metal flange and some lead, how do I remove it?

Tub/Shower Stall Installation [ 2 Answers ]

For new construction, should the plumbing for spigut, faucet handle, and shower head be installed before placing the tub/shower stall in place or after? Or doesn't it matter? Thanks

View more questions Search