Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roma7843 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 01:40 PM
    Can't Grasp how to do a trial balance sheet with unadjusted and adjusted balances
    Can you please help me get these transactions in the right places?

June 1 the following assets were received from Emily Page: cash $20000, A/R $4500, Supplies $2200, and Office Equipment $11500. When do I put these in the Trial Balance Sheet?
    June 1 - paid 3 month rent on a lease contract $6000
    June 2 Paid the premiums on porperty and casualty insurance policies $2400 do I split them into 2 different prepaid insurances or leave as one
    June 4 Received cash from clients as an advance payment for services to be provided and recorded it as unearned fees $2700
    June 5 Purchased additional office equipment on account from office depot co. $3500
    June 6 Received cash from clients on account $3000
    June 10 Paid cash for a newspaper advertisement $200
    June 12 Paid Office Depot Co for part of the debit incurred on June 5 $750
    June 12 Recorded services provided on account for the period June 1-12 $5100
    June 14 Paid part time receptionist for 2 weeks salary $1100
    June 17 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned during the period June 1-16 $6500
    June 18 Paid cash for supplies $750
    June 20 Recorded services provided on account for the period June 13-20 $3100
    June 24 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period June 17-24 $5150
    June 26 Received cash from clients on account $6900
    June 27 Paid part time receptionist for 2 weeks salary $1100
    June 29 Paid telephone bill for June $150
    June 30 Paid electricity bill for June $400
    June 30 Recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period June 25-30 $2500
    June 30 Recorded services provided on account for the remainder of June $1000
    June 30 Emily withdrew $5000 for personal use.

At the end of June the following adjustment data wer assembled.
    a. Insurance expired during June is $200
    b. Supplies on hand on June 30 are $650
    c. Depreciation of office equipment for June is $250
    d. Accrued receptionist salary on June 30 is $220
    e. Rent expired during June is $2000
    f. Unearned Fees on June 30 are $1875

My confusion on the adjusted is where to put each item for debit and credit.
    Can you please help me.

Check out some similar questions!

What is difference between unadjusted and adjusted trial balance?: [ 2 Answers ]

Choose from the follwing: The difference between Unadjusted and adjusted trial balance is a. The adjusted trial balance will show the net income(loss) as an additional account. b. both will need to be in balance in order to continue with the end-of-period processing, c. the adjusted...

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance? [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE help me create an unadjusted trial balance and an adjusted balance. Three friends opened a roller rink on October 1, 2008. The following transactions occurred during the first month. Oct 1. Received contribution of $22,000 from EACH three principal owners of the business in exchange...

Analyzing what a business is worth from an unadjusted trial balance sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an unadjusted trial balance sheet. Just from this sheet I need to figure out what this small business is worth if I were to buy it. What assets, liabilities, capital and revenue do I choose to get the right answer.

Unadjusted and adjusted trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

What is the major difference between that unadjusted trial balance and the adjusted trial balance?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.