Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 09:35 AM
    Diversity Visa (DV-2012) High School Education Requirement
    The Diversity Visa program requires high school level of education, as shown below.
    "A “high school education or equivalent” is defined as successful completion of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or successful completion in another country of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to a high school education in the United States."

I am currently in the US and I have a master degree from an accredited university here in the US. I did my high school abroad and my high school diploma is lost. Can I present my master degree diploma to the consular officer at the time of the visa interview? Or, do they insist on a high-school diploma?

Thank you!
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Oct 16, 2010, 11:18 AM

US masters degree is well beyond the HS education or equivalent requirement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diversity Visa 2010 Entrant Status Check [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I applied for Diversity Visa 2010 at the end of 2008. Now, I want to check the result. Here is the problem. The "2010 Entrant Status Check" website (shown below) does not look reliable. https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/(S(z2silf55bv4yzgbgdxqdbx45))/Secure/statuscheck.aspx After...

Is it OK to join another high school in a different country when still in High School [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am a Ugadan who I badly wants to leave the school am in and go to another country and get on with my studies. My parents are willing to pay any amount of money to make sure I go.Is it possible to join another High School outside my country even though I am not done with High school. If...

Diversity Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in nonimmigrant visa ,I am a Diversity loto winner for the FY October 2007 to September 2008. According to the Visa bulletin posted on may 2008 my visa number is current in July 2008. Can anybody tell me if I can apply for Adjustment of status in this June 2008 or I will have...

Ssn requirement for school [ 4 Answers ]

One of the requirements that the school where I'm planning to enrol my child is to get ssn first.how can I get one if my child is h4

View more questions Search