Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chuck1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 06:08 PM
    Hi Tony, my question is below.
    Can you explain why there are 3 different figures for bow venting in the plumbers code. I am trying to vent a sink in an island inside a commercial setting and the powers at be are asking for the venting to be done above ground. Originally the plans were stamped and approved to vent into existing pipes. Do you have some feedback that can help us with this learning curve?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2010, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    the powers at be are asking for the venting to be done above ground.
    But having a exposed vent defeats the purpose of having a island sink. This is what I call a island vent , (see image) The inspector wants the vent exposed? How about a AAV? (see image). He oughta be able to see that. How does he want you to vent it.?
    Can you explain why there are 3 different figures for bow venting in the plumbers code.
    Can you explain what codes you're referring to? Regards, nbTom
    Attached Images

Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 02:21 PM

If I understand correctly, you connected vent below the floor level. They ask you to bring this connection above the ground. This is because below floor connection floods easily killing the purpose of the vent.

Question: Do you have any loop under the sink? Can you snap and post a picture of it ? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 17, 2010, 02:59 PM

the powers at be are asking for the venting to be done above ground.
    I Don't know Milo, I figured the word "venting" meant the whole shebang and not just the connections but that would work for me. Let's see what he has to say about it. Regards, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 17, 2010, 06:19 PM

Chuck you are getting some good discussions going here but I have a question and do not want to sound rude. If you have to ask this question I am wondering if you are a licensed plumber. If you are not licensed you really should not be doing this type of work. Tell us your background and explain the "above ground " comment. If you do what Tom suggest in the right hand picture you should be fine, many of us call it a Chicago vent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tony dow [ 1 Answers ]

Does tony dow receive any royalties from the leave it to beaver show

I look for Tony Braxiton's CD! [ 2 Answers ]

I like Tony Braxiton, but I found it is very difficult to find her CD! WHAT TO DO?:(

Tony Blair [ 15 Answers ]

Mr Blair is standing down on the 27th of June I'm sat listening to his speech my god is he full of hot air good bye mr blair thanks for all your bad leadership of the country you have done us wonders NOT.

Tony OGeen [ 1 Answers ]

My sink randomly gurgles. Do I have a clog in the line some where's or is my vent clogged. It only happens in my kitchen sink.

View more questions Search