Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilnasty1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 09:01 AM
    If I live in TX but work for a LA company do I pay LA state taxes?
    wnhough Posts: 200, Reputation: 12

Oct 15, 2010, 12:42 PM

No. You do not pay state incoem tax to Cali. State government as you do not live or work in CA.; as you know,there is no state income tax in your home state, Texas, as one of the seven states that has no income tax.However, your Cali. Employer can withhold only your FICA Taxes (Federal level Taxes), but not Cali. SDI taxes( only for Cali. Residents) or Cali. State tax and Cali. New employee training tax.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 20, 2010, 12:23 PM

If you are working in Louisiana than yes you have to pay taxes to the state of Louisiana even though you live in Texas. You have to pay taxes to the state in which the work is performed.

Shirley
    SlimEddi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 11:16 AM
    Please tell me this... We live in Texas. My husband's corporate office is located in Texas. He clocks in/out in Texas. He has worked in Louisianna only a few times in the past year. He is being taxed by TX and LA for ALL hours worked. I understand having to pay Louisianna taxes when he works there, but why is he having to pay Louisianna state tax for All hours worked- in Texas and Louisianna? Also, since we don't live in Louisianna, why are we not getting the full amount of LA state taxes back? We are getting about 1/3 of state taxes paid..?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Apr 8, 2011, 11:51 AM

He should have taxes deducted in the state he works. If he works in Texas than Texas withholding should be withheld and if he works in Louisiana than Louisiana withholding should be withheld.

You probably only get part of the Louisiana taxes back because he has to pay tax and the work done in Louisiana.

Shirley
    tahirbhatti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2011, 01:25 PM
    I live in Texas and work in Pa, do I have to pay any tax in Pa, if yes, how much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay taxes when I work in a different state that I live in? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I currently live in Ct but work in NY. I know I have to pay ct state income taxes but do I have to pay NY state income tax? My husband lives with me in CT and works in CT. Should we file separately or jointly for state income taxes if I have to pay NY income taxes? Also would his CT...

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. What taxes should I pay? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in PA & work in PA, but the company is based in NJ. I currently pay PA withholding, NJ SUI, NJ SDI and NJ FLI. Is this correct?

I live in one state but pay taxes for another [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I currently live in TX. I still get my income from my job located in NY while my wife gets her solely from TX. When filling out my NY Non resident papers it ask for my Federal gross income and when calculating the taxes it use that income instead of mine. Should I be filing my...

If I live in GA but work for a NYC company, do I pay NYC taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My home address is GA so will my income tax reflect payments to NY State or City for this employment? Peter

Live in NJ but pay NY state taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I live in NJ but I work in New York. I took a look at my pay stub and I'm paying Federal and NY state taxes but I am not paying NJ state taxes. Is this correct? I'm concerned that next year I will have to file a NJ state tax return and will not be credited for paying the NY state taxes...

View more questions Search