Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 2, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Out of Business?
    What ever happened to those companies that were selling real estate on the Moon and Mars? Did anyone here purchase?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 02:56 AM
    I believe that the first and biggest company offering lunar real estate was the Lunar Embassy. They say that because they claimed the moon as their property first, that they can then sell it as they are the owners.

This sound ridiculous to me - I always thought it was just a legitimate looking scam. I know that the Chinese shut them down over there because of "lunacy".
    -

Jan 2, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I believe that the first and biggest company offering lunar real estate was the Lunar Embassy. They say that because they claimed the moon as their property first, that they can then sell it as they are the owners.

This sound ridiculous to me - I always thought it was just a legitimate looking scam. I know that the Chinese shut them down over there because of "lunacy".
    I always have wondered what these companies would say when and if NASA or any other space agency colonized those supposedly privately owned lands. Imagine hoards of irate customers filing trespass law-suits. LOL
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Imagine hoards of irate customers filing trespass law-suits.
    I read that as "Imagine hoards of pirate customers filing trespass law-suits."
    -

Jan 3, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I read that as "Imagine hoards of pirate customers filing trespass law-suits."
    Here is a company that seems to be thriving

Lunar Federation Inc ™
    Earth's Official Lunar & Mars Real Estate Agency

Buy Land on the Moon and Mars - NEWLY Designed packages Starting at $29.95

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 01:12 PM
    They're hiring. I wonder what the base salary is? Must be out-of-this-world. The website looks like it was designed with the cool tools available circa 1999.

The FAQ is quite funny.
    -

Jan 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    They're hiring. I wonder what the base salary is? Must be out-of-this-world. The website looks like it was designed with the cool tools available circa 1999.

The FAQ is quite funny.

A bit unbelievable as well. Here is a company willing to claim itself almost nonprofit in order to convince us that they and they alone are legit. They are even offering special privileges to the top ten landowners when their planned expedition for lunar and Martian colonization takes place. There is a lot of posturing here which might convince some if they let the promises blur their vision. However, when we strip away all the promises and just look at the facts, then we see that they also admit that they don't own the moon and Mars and that because of it they depend on this planned expedition in order to legitimize customer ownership of deeds. In short, for now the deeds are just as worthless as the deeds of the companies which they criticize. Ironically, by subtly admitting this they reveal the possibility that one of those so-called companies might beat them to the moon
    And then the tables are turned.

In any event, even if they do get to the moon I see how the makes their 'present" sales legal. They also don't take into consideration that as soon as they get to the moon the treaty they claim remains ungratified will immediately be ratified and all claims go down the drain. So in short, they are counting on our inability to see the forest because of the trees.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Not for the value but for the silly and different gifts I believe some years ago I bought a girl friend one with a card that I got her the moom or something like that. The relationship as the purchase had no lasting value

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Business [ 2 Answers ]

Which of the following is not an example of stereotyping a) women won't relocate for a promotion b) older workers can't learn new skills c) this applicant was good at her last job, so she will be good at this one d) men aren't interested in child care

Business [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on a question Can you help, I need help on a question about Write a 2 or 3 sentence about how the following Canadian entrepreneurs made their fortune. 1)Conrad Black 2) Eugene Melnyk Thank You for your time

View more questions Search