Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin2006 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Future research jobs
    Hi, I am in 2nd year life science in university. I had a job for first year which was in the lab, but then my boss didn't want me to come again and doesn't want to be listed as a reference. So this causes a problem because most other jobs require experience, and I can't say I worked in the lab because I have no proof. There is this girl who I worked with who could vouch that I worked there but its not the same as the professor right? Can someone please help me out. Should I list this job on my resume or leave it out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Well it appears, and again this is a guess since you did not say why you had to stop, but it appears you boss did not like your work and basically fired you.

So if you list it and they contact your boss is he going to say you did a bad job ?

Also will not the university have in there personnel records that you worked there? At least in the US jobs are refrenced from the Human Resourse department, and then they may or may not contact the supervisor over that job.

If this was part of a work study program would the work not show up on your college transcripts as part of that program?
    kevin2006 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Well it appears, and again this is a guess since you did not say why you had to stop, but it appears you boss did not like your work and basicly fired you.

So if you list it and they contact your boss is he going to say you did a bad job ?

Also will not the university have in ther personell records that you worked there? at least in the US jobs are refrenced from the Human Resourse department, and then they may or may not contact the supervisor over that job.

If this was part of a work study program would the work not show up on your college transcripts as part of that program?

I tried applying for another job... but the employer talked to my old boss because I listed him as a reference anyway... and I ended up without the job... it was part of the work study program... and I have some pay slips.. thats about it... I don't know where I can get proof for the job though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying for Jobs [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well I'm applying for summer jobs at a bunch of fast-food restaurants that are highering. I just wanted to know how long does it normally take for them to call you back? Thanks!

Jobs in History [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about jobs in the field of history and apparently it didn't go through the first time I posted it here a little while ago. I also posted this under History because it pertains to both. I graduated yesterday from Adelphi University with a Bachelors degree in History....

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search