Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babynieshal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
    4. [8 pts] Consider a two party networked video-conferencing application using MPEG.
    Consider a two party networked video-conferencing application using MPEG. Say M and N are the two persons holding a conference meeting using the application. Because of delay (due to coding, network transmission, and decoding) in the system, whenever Mdoes something at time t, it will not be seen by N until time t + . The same descriptionapplies for communication from N to M. Suppose study has shown that the delay willbecome annoying to M or N if it gets greater than 150 ms.Assume the following system parameters: (I) it is taking 30 ms to transport a pictureof any type one trip (in either direction) through the network, (ii) the times to decode andencode an I picture are 10 and 20 ms, respectively, (iii) the times to decode and encode a Ppicture are 12 and 25 ms, resp. (iv) the times to decode and encode a B picture are 15 and30 ms, resp, (v) the video frame time is 33 ms (for a frame rate of close to 30 per second),and (vi) the delay to capture and digitize a picture is negligible.If you are to design a GOP for the above application, which is of the form I(B) n P(B) nP(B) n ,where (B) nmeans a B picture repeated n times, what is the maximum value of n you canuse without violating the delay constraint of your application? Assume that encoding (resp.decoding) of a picture can take place as soon as (but not before) all of its reference picture(s)have been encoded (resp. decoded). Clearly show the steps of your calculation
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video of Tea Party Tax Day protest [ 65 Answers ]

zbyFeFhUTmI

Possible application on a video distribution system in education [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing a report on other applications of BOCS in education area and I would appreciate any help and input. BOCS can broadcast audio/video signal (up to 3) to an entire house via coaxial cables. BOCS accepts output from a DVR, DVD player, STB, or iPod and converts the signal so it can be...

Video conferencing issue [ 1 Answers ]

Dears Good evening, I have problem about video conferencing issue, I have one machine fro my side ( inside network ), and other machine Locates at other side ( outside or internet ). When we try to initaite the conference We couldn't complete. We monitor the traffic from hope to next hope,...

View more questions Search