Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadchild Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:38 AM
    Is it OK to skip periods while on the pill?
    I am 15 and I'm going on the pill, mainly to control my periods. Is it OK to skip periods sometimes by not taking the sugar pills? Also, if I did that, how long would it take before the pills kick in, e.g. if I take the regular pill, but not the sugar pill will I miss my next period or will it take longer than a month? I hope that makes sense...
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2010, 06:31 AM

What sugar pill?

If your doctor has prescribed the pill to control your periods, then take it as directed, and don't start messing with the dose. Most women find that when they are on the pill, their periods become much lighter and far less trouble.

Take the pill the way your doctor tells you, and if you can't handle it, go back and ask the doctor about changing it.
    KoolAide187 Posts: 94, Reputation: 21

Oct 17, 2010, 01:43 AM
    If you are taking your pills the way you need to you are OK to skip your sugar pill. It doesn't do anything for you except to help you remember to take your pills and stay on track taking them regularly. I'd suggest just taking it if you don't take it you won't see any different result that you would from taking it. It is just a placebo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 Months Skip in periods & Negative HPT [ 3 Answers ]

Hello.. I haven't got my periods for 2 cycles. (Skipped Dec 30 and Jan 30 period). 4 HPT's done during this duration and got Negative HPT. Haven't heard any late periods like this till today. I don't have any Pregnancy signs other than getting tired of my usual work. Feeling a bit lazy to...

Periods on the pill [ 1 Answers ]

Please does anyone know roughly how long periods last when your on the pill, I missed one pill, came on my period and the whole reason I went on it, was so I wasn't on this weekend, I came on on Wednesday and I'm still on now, I can't be on this weekend/next week! Please help me!

Periods and the pill [ 1 Answers ]

Why am I having a brown reddish discharge while on the pill

The pill and periods [ 2 Answers ]

I started going on the pill 13 days ago on the first day of my cycle, as the doctor instructed, but my period is still going... it is never normally this long! Its still moderately heavy. Does anyone know why this could be happening? I'm so worried! :confused:

Periods, the Pill and Fertility [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there I am very new to this forum, and thought I would introduce myself. Obviously not using my real name, I am "CuriousButShy". I have read a few posts, and find that a lot of the answers seem really helpful. So figured I might give it a go. I am 28 years old, and my husband and I have been...

View more questions Search