Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 05:05 PM
    In negotiating salary, how much can job-related travel affect applicant bid?
    Job "A" and job "B" are essentially the same, however Job B requires ~40% travel.
    Job A makes 100K. How much would an applicant for Job B expect to make or could ask for in negotiations with the expected travel amount in mind?
    Note that this applicant would rather not travel 40%, but is not opposed to some travel.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 05:10 PM

Travel by what means? Also travel time is counted different then reguler time so there will have to be agreements on what it is and how the law reads. See portal to portal act and other related federal laws.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 06:12 PM

Of course I am assuming that all travel costs are paid by the company. If the jobs are basically the same position, often you will not see any real difference in the salary for the position. Things like actual duties, not job title, also size of the company, how stable the company is, turn over in that position and more make more difference in salary offers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Does smoking affect getting a job (atleast the job you want)? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello ~ I have been assigned a report topic of "Does smoking affect your chances of obtaining a job, or atleast getting the job you want". I DON'T smoke, though I know many people who do... I also have my own openion of smoking, however, this is not to be my openionated report, it is to be of...

Travel on L2 visa. L1 applicant not being in US currently. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a valid L1 visa but he is not in US currently. Can I travel to US without him being in US?

View more questions Search