Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roellrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 01:42 PM
    How can I quantify how much electricity I can get from a magnet
    I know there is a lot at play but there must be some equasion on hul much coil goes through (x) manetic field produces how much cirrent. I don't want to start with bying a lot of rare earth magnets and coils of wire to get to acertain factor.
    olderexgeek Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
    ok-you need to start with Gauss' law-the magnet alone will not produce electricity, need a moving coil through the field-this is why the shake flashlights work without batteries by the way-the number of coils, the length of wire, the diameter of the wrap etc are variables that do have a formulae-don't know it off hand-but Google should or a good textbook... and if you want a continual, DC voltage you'll need something like a whetstone bridge too
    roellrl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:49 AM
    Comment on olderexgeek's post
    Thank you I didn't really think of the flashlight as a starting point. I am building a hydraulic Generator with 1 moving part that withstand many times the curent pressure limits of current models. I need to be able to quantify magnet and coil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

Why Magnet attracts and repulses ?

Electrical magnet [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to build a medium size but strong electric magnet,like the kind they use at a scrape metal yard.so please if anyone can give me the plans info on how to build it or know of a web site I can go to for the plans,it would be most helpful. THANKS

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

How many metals are attracted to magnets and what they are?

Magnet [ 1 Answers ]

What is a magnet attracted to?

Mosquito Magnet [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone own a Mosquito Magnet and is it worth it? I have a 5 acres lot and my backyard is a plantation of pine trees. So yes there is a lot of mosquitos my family loves the outdoor but we are invaded by mosquitos so we keep ourselves indoors. Any suggestions Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search