Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobby41 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Can the personal representative be held accountable
    Can the personal representative of my husbands estate be held accountable for misrepresentation if he failed to present all of the handwriting experts results. He also failed to have mine examined. There were two examinations done. He only presented one to the judge, the one that said it was my husbands handwriting. He never presented the results where the expert said it was not. Isn't that a failure to disclose all material facts about examination, and can't the settlement agreement be recinded on these grounds alone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 12:38 PM

If you can prove they did so on purpose and with intent to cause harm, you can even go after criminal charges.

You of course merely present your evidence to the court.
    You have a duty yourself, to hire your own attorney to represent your interest in an estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to become a personal representative of a probate? [ 2 Answers ]

Although my father's will made me Power of Attorney, I found out that this is no longer legal in SC. How do I become the "legal representative" of my father's estate, since this is apparently what he wished & we need to settle probate?

Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has been appointed personal representative to settle late brother's estate. He has land in another state and small amount of money in a bank. How should she proceed in getting this estate settled He lived in Maryland and the land is in Virginia. Thanks

Can law firm be held accountable for our legal fees? [ 8 Answers ]

Here is the story. We are being sued by a collection agency for a debt we don't owe. The problem is, their client died 6 months ago, and their business closed. There is no-one left there. I sent the law firm, registered mail, and fax, copies of the cancelled check (for the exact amount...

Can A Landlord Be Held Accountable For Tenant's Actions [ 9 Answers ]

My mother is a tenant in a duplex. Last week, the tenant on the other side was arrested for drugs, both possession and selling. This single mother has two teenagers and the three of them have kept Mom up all hours of the night banging and some noises even sound like gun fire. They continually block...

Probate and Personal Representative [ 3 Answers ]

Mother died 4years ago, my sister was named personal rep for the estate. It has now been over 4 years, my other sister and I ( both equal beneficiaries) have received a partial distribution and interim accounting about 2 and 1/2 yrs. Ago. Personal Rep. says that keeping the estate open as long as...

View more questions Search