Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navyvet31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Light switch trips itself in off position fed from breaker to switch to outside light
    Bljack Posts: 245, Reputation: 28

Oct 13, 2010, 04:32 PM

... And the wire comes into the box, black on the switch, from the breaker, black on the other screw on the switch over to the light, and whites (one from the panel and the other off to the light) both capped together? I see this is the third time you posed this question. No doubt you are frustrated, but how about you explain exactly what you did and how you connected everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light Switch Trips Breaker [ 4 Answers ]

I installed new switch and light, the switch trips the breaker I must have wires wrong , what color goes where, Thanks

Circuit Breaker Trips When Light Switch Pushed In [ 11 Answers ]

I have a light switch that trips the breaker when the light switch is pushed in to the box, but not when it is pulled out and hanging. I left it live just now as I tried to push it back into the box and as I pushed it sparked and tripped the breaker. How do I fix this?

Turning on light switch trips breaker. [ 3 Answers ]

This is another 2 fold problem. I've just purchased an older home and the wiring in the master bedroom is giving me major problems. Problem 1 has to do with receptacles and a light switch. There are 6 receptacles and 2 light switches in the room which is also connected to the bathroom light and...

Light switch trips circuit breaker [ 11 Answers ]

I just bought a house and there is a set of 3 light switches two of them look exactly the same and work perfectly fine, but the third on looks different and when you flip the switch on it trips the breakers for the entire living room. What could be the problem and is there an easy fix?

Light switch trips breaker [ 4 Answers ]

Here's question number 2 in switching out fans and light fixtures. I replaced the ceiling fan in my son's room with one from our previous home. After getting everything wired rather difficult because of some very short wires, the ceiling fan will work with the remote, but using the wall switch...

View more questions Search