Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shdy8080 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 09:57 AM
    Water leaking from where line connects to toilet and water supply. How do I fix?
    AnneW Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2010, 10:34 AM
    I have a book on DIY which show's you many different field's of DIY, but in particular plumbing, it show's you how to replace burst pipe's and mend leak's, it shouldn't be too hard to find at your nearest library it's called STEP BY STEP DIY, but I'm sure any book on DIY Plumbing will be helpful in solving your problem. You could replace the pipe yourself, the book I told you about give's you step by step instruction's for replacing pipes etc. Hope my answer has helped, GOOD LUCK.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2010, 12:51 PM

Shdy,

Please see the image below and tell us where is your leak, if the leak is at the other end of the supply line connected to the toilet you may need to tighten the nut or replace the gasket, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 02:11 PM

Good pics from John but I am guessing your leak is up under the tank. Does it start getting wet right below the tank where the line enters the tank? This fitting is most likely plastic and designed to be hand tight, you can snug it a quarter turn more with a channel lock. Just let us know if this is your situation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak at water supply line behind toilet [ 3 Answers ]

How can I fix water leaking from the area where you actually turn off the water supply behind the toilet?

Leaking brass ferrule at toilet water supply [ 6 Answers ]

In the process or replacing a leaky water intake ballcock assembly, I've got a new leak, below the toilet, just above the shut off valve. The water supply pipe is a chrome pipe with a brass ferrule and compression nut. I've tightened the nut pretty much as tight as it will go, and I still have a...

Toilet water supply line PEX to ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey Guys, You all have been such a great help with my questions about our bathroom remodel. I have one final question... I hope! I am re-routing the water supply line for the toilet. The old line was galvanized steel and I am replacing it with PEX, which has been easy peasy to put together. ...

Leaking water supply line to ice maker [ 1 Answers ]

The water turn off valve to our ice maker is leaking in the basement. How can this be fixed?

Leaking toilet water supply tube [ 11 Answers ]

I replaced the ballcock on my toilet and I have ended up with 2 problems. Please note that I am a DIY novice. Here goes. The first problem is that after replacing the ballcock, I turned the water on and it immediately started to leak. I figured that the connection was loose and so I tried again...

View more questions Search