Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idell64 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Five Pillars of Islam
    What are the central beliefs of Islam, and how are they reflected in the "Five Pillars". Which of the Five Pillars do you feel would be easiest to fulfill, and which would be the most challenging
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2007, 10:33 PM
    1) Statement of belief- publicly repeat the Shahadah.
    2) Prayers- five times daily while facing Mecca
    3) Alms- give 1/4 of income
    4) Ramadan- holy season
    5) Pilgrimage to Mecca- may have someone do it for you if it is impossible

The Quran denies that Jesus is the Son of GOD; therefore, I find them all equally impossible to fulfill. Also, the Mahdi Hatter really turns me off! :eek:
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2007, 02:09 AM
    The Five Pillars of Islam are the following:

The Shahadah or Declaration of faith.
    Praying 5 times daily
    Paying the poor Tax
    The Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina)
    Keeping the fast

Probably the easiest to do is keeping the fast, 30 days without eating, drinking, smoking or indulging in sex between Dawn and Dusk.

Hardest: The Shahadah, it implies a commitment I cannot make.

Ray McIntyre
    Priest
    Anglican Church International
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jan 2, 2007, 02:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimac
    The Five Pillars of Islam are the following:

The Shahadah or Declaration of faith.
    Praying 5 times daily
    Paying the poor Tax
    The Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina)
    Keeping the fast

Probably the easiest to do is keeping the fast, 30 days without eating, drinking, smoking or indulging in sex between Dawn and Dusk.

Hardest: The Shahadah, it implies a committment I cannot make.

Ray McIntyre
    Priest
    Anglican Church International

You can't survive thirty days without water.

Excerpt:
    Without food, you can survive for weeks. Without water, you can survive around 72 hours.
    http://www.medical-library.net/sites...es/_water.html

Or did you mean alcoholic beverages? If you did, then that definitely is possible.
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2007, 03:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    You can't survive thirty days without water.

Excerpt:
    Without food, you can survive for weeks. Without water, you can survive around 72 hours.
    http://www.medical-library.net/sites...es/_water.html

Or did you mean alcholic beverages? If you did, then that definitely is possible.

The Fast period is DAWN to DUSK. People eat, drink etc during the period DUSK to DAWN.

kiwimac
    coop56san Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
    Which of the Five Pillars of Islam would challenging? Why?
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by idell64
    What are the central beliefs of Islam, and how are they reflected in the "Five Pillars". Which of the Five Pillars do you feel would be easiest to fulfill, and which would be the most challenging
    In islam there r 5 pillars the shahada,saum,salat zakayt,and haj.the shahada is a saying whitch means muhammed is the profit and there's only one god .the shahada is always mutterd in muslims .the salat is the 5 time prayers muslims have 2 do you must take a bath or a shower before doing this .the saum is when muslims fast 4 30 days from sunrise 2 sunset .the zakayt is when all the muslims donate to the poor .and haj is were all the muslims go 2 visit the profits in mekka saudi arabia .the easiest well they are all easy 2 do the hardest is going 2 mecca thanks 4 wanting 2 no more about islam and your very welcome hope it was what you were looking 4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Islam [ 2 Answers ]

What events and figures have shaped the development of Islam in the United States? And What are the central beliefs of Islam, and how are thy reflected in the "Five Pillar" (McInerney, 2003)? What is McInerne's first name?

Islam [ 14 Answers ]

I am in a World REligion class in college and the professor says that the religion of Islam is actually a peaceful religion. However, many of my classmates argue that it is terroristic in nature because of their belief in martyrdom(?). You know the saying "Kill the infadels." This seems to...

Father of Islam [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know who is the Father of Islam.. Does it have to Do with Abraham or maybe other descendants of Noah..

Islam [ 1 Answers ]

Is Islam a religion? And What events and figures have shaped the development of Islam in the United States?

Concrete Pillars & Footings [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to install a pair of gates on 2' x 2' block (filled with rebar and concrete) pillars. Each gate panel is about 13' high x 6' wide and weighs about 850 pounds. One gate company indicated that the footings should be 6' x 6' x 4' deep while another indicated 3' x 3' x 3' deep. Does...

View more questions Search